Wax Trax! Records- Industrial Accident LP/Box Set (Ministry/KMFDM/Laibach) + All-Encompassing WAX TRAX! Releases & Whatnot

fish

FYI if you're in Toronto, ring up Rotate This! today or this weekend (but actually, today) & see if they still have free swag, in case you haven't bought this yet.

5 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Yup, they're playing in Toronto soon and so they were charging 50 CDN for 1 copy of the comp plus tickets to the show, with Cold Cave opening (do NOT miss them; they're amazing) at my local store, which were also giving away free t-shirts & tote bags branded with the comp's logo. I grabbed 1 of each for my non-record collecting friend who's an OG industrial-music head.

Doubting it'll happen but If anyone sees any Wax Trax! swag anywhere I would really like one of those shirts. So please snag me a L or XL if at all possible. Will gladly pay whatever it costs for the record/shirt/postage etc. I'm guessing most of that stuff ended up in the cities that the shows are in. Some nice guy online is selling multiple copies for the promo items for $50, rather not give them my $$.

Edited by fish

7 hours ago, fish said:

Doubting it'll happen but If anyone sees any Wax Trax! swag anywhere I would really like one of those shirts. So please snag me a L or XL if at all possible. Will gladly pay whatever it costs for the record/shirt/postage etc. I'm guessing most of that stuff ended up in the cities that the shows are in. Some nice guy online is selling multiple copies for the promo items for $50, rather not give them my $$.

I forgot to ask for the shirt but I willl be back there sometime this week. Those things never fit me so I pass but I bought a decent amount of stuff this week so if they can find me one..it's yours. 

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Box set was delivered today. Packaged like a champ with plenty of bubble wrap and ever corner protectors. 

But overall initial reaction upon opening it, the “design” of the box is a little meh & plain.  

The tracks on the 2 7"s make it all worth it for me. The blue RSD version was  a pain for me to track down but i finally found one.

• 2 weeks later...

WAS really excited for this release... I’ve been waiting four years for it to see the light of day. Being a huge Wax Trax fan and tremendous supporter of the label I couldn’t wait as soon as I originally heard about the plans for the doc - and I have followed its journey since.

I sprang for the Cash Grab set earlier this year. I bought it as soon as it went on sale...$140 later. Now, here it is, three weeks after the box set was released, but still no box set in the mail. No response from Wax Trax. Still no tracking up-date...Nothin’. I’m a super patient dude, but this experience has kinda sucked all the fun outta the whole thing.

Who uses Media Mail anyways? It’s garbage and totally unreliable.  You guys who actually got yours are super lucky.  Me, I’m waiting one more day and then I’m contacting PayPal to get my money back. This is some BS.

5 hours ago, Moder said:

WAS really excited for this release... I’ve been waiting four years for it to see the light of day. Being a huge Wax Trax fan and tremendous supporter of the label I couldn’t wait as soon as I originally heard about the plans for the doc - and I have followed its journey since.

I sprang for the Cash Grab set earlier this year. I bought it as soon as it went on sale...$140 later. Now, here it is, three weeks after the box set was released, but still no box set in the mail. No response from Wax Trax. Still no tracking up-date...Nothin’. I’m a super patient dude, but this experience has kinda sucked all the fun outta the whole thing.

Who uses Media Mail anyways? It’s garbage and totally unreliable.  You guys who actually got yours are super lucky.  Me, I’m waiting one more day and then I’m contacting PayPal to get my money back. This is some BS.

Sucks you haven't gotten yours. I know they had thousands of items to ship over the last couple weeks on top of all of all the Ministry shows and special events going on since record store day. The official release date was the 16th so you're a day under 2 weeks now. As media mail can take 10 business days it may be getting to you soon. I got my box about a week and a half ago but I probably had one of the first orders in and live just one state over. And from what I've seen on their fb group a lot of people are still waiting for their items to show up. pretty sure that it's just a few people packaging and shipping all of this stuff out so I'm sure that it is still coming. If anything I'd make sure to email the address associated with their paypal account as they probably get a ton of messages through their website.

But pretty much 98% of every record I have ever ordered outside of Amazon from stores, labels, people on discogs, ebay, here etc have all shipped Media. It's still the standard and doesn't seem to be going away.  I've ordered probably 1k records over the years and don't think any have been lost. I can't say the same for Priority Mail packages I have sent/received. So it is reliable, just super slow.

Yeah, I know... "thousands" of orders.  I literally ordered that box set as soon as the pre-sale email popped up in my inbox the morning of the 15th this past February.  I'm sure living near them helped in getting your box set so quickly too.  I was going to send them an email to the "info@..." email address, but I feel it's all kinda moot at this point.  I guess I'm just really disappointed in the way the whole thing has been handled.  Like I said, I'm a really patient guy, but the fun has fizzled out. I was riding high on the fumes from the Industrial Accident event. Got to finally watch the documentary and then see Ministry as a bonus. It was great! I couldn't wait for my box set to arrive!  I was gonna watch the movie again the weekend after the Industrial Accident event (didn't get to see all of it as I was getting drinks and something for a friend at the merch table) and have some friends over,  it was gonna be awesome! But now it's three weeks to the day after the day my box set was shipped and nothing in the mail. No new up-dates. No changes to the shipping details. No box set.

1 hour ago, Moder said:

Yeah, I know... "thousands" of orders.  I literally ordered that box set as soon as the pre-sale email popped up in my inbox the morning of the 15th this past February.  I'm sure living near them helped in getting your box set so quickly too.  I was going to send them an email to the "info@..." email address, but I feel it's all kinda moot at this point.  I guess I'm just really disappointed in the way the whole thing has been handled.  Like I said, I'm a really patient guy, but the fun has fizzled out. I was riding high on the fumes from the Industrial Accident event. Got to finally watch the documentary and then see Ministry as a bonus. It was great! I couldn't wait for my box set to arrive!  I was gonna watch the movie again the weekend after the Industrial Accident event (didn't get to see all of it as I was getting drinks and something for a friend at the merch table) and have some friends over,  it was gonna be awesome! But now it's three weeks to the day after the day my box set was shipped and nothing in the mail. No new up-dates. No changes to the shipping details. No box set.

Chill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

If anyone was interested but missed out on the Cash Grab boxset they just added 30 more copies of it here:

http://waxtraxchicago.bigcartel.com/product/industrial-accident-soundtrack-cash-grab-edition

They also added 8 test press copies of KMFDM's unreleased LP Apart, but they are insane and want $450 for it.

5 hours ago, morfiend said:

Did Sascha ever say why Apart never was released? I know it ended up being re-worked into Money but I'd much rather hear this than any new material they plan on releasing.

All i ever heard was pretty much the same as the wikipedia entry for Money says:

"Bandmates Sascha Konietzko and En Esch had a falling out at the end of their 1990 tour with My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult.[1] Each was given the funds to record one side of their next (and presumed final, at the time) album, Apart.[1] Both worked in the same Hamburg studio, M.O.B., with engineer Blank Fontana and guitarist Günter Schulz, but never interacted with each other directly.[1] These sessions would be the last time the group worked with Fontana at M.O.B.

After the two halves were combined and pressed onto an album, Esch's half was rejected by Wax Trax! Records's executives, who didn't think it sounded like KMFDM.[1] The record company gave Konietzko additional funds to record more songs.[1] He finished the album by including new remixes of previously released material.[5] A number of other tracks intended for the album ended up on other albums or singles"

I have wanted a copy of this forever. I could see them trying to charge that much if they only had 1 or 2 copies. But i feel like they should be more like $150 since they found so many (but what do i know since they have apparently already sold 6 of them @ $450 each which i find unbelievable).  WT used to press around 100 test presses so they probably have many more around since they never got distributed to shops and djs like most of their tests did.

Edited by fish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumping thread solely for showing some love for Wax Trax!

Ordered the new TKK - Sexplosion! reissue earlier this morning and already got shipping notice. I know they're already on hand but damn...awesome that it's quick. 

And I have been revisiting a lot of the early Wax Trax! releases lately. So damn good. 

• jhulud changed the title to Wax Trax! Records- Industrial Accident LP/Box Set (Ministry/KMFDM/Laibach) + All-Encompassing WAX TRAX! Releases & Whatnot