PO: Failure - In the Future Your Body Will Be The Furthest Thing From Your Mind

Huge up-charges for band-signed items at the merch booth is totally their style. I wouldn't be surprised that they don't even offer / or have very limited supply of unsigned items. At one show I attended in 2016 they signed the majority (3/4 of the stack from what I could figure) of the gig posters and were selling them for around $80. We asked about the unsigned copies for $30 but they didn't have any of course.

3 hours ago, rickker said:

At one show I attended in 2016 they signed the majority (3/4 of the stack from what I could figure) of the gig posters and were selling them for around $80. We asked about the unsigned copies for $30 but they didn't have any of course.

Ditto. I think they had 10 unsigned and 90 signed.

Greg also repressed the first autolux album a few years ago to sell for 80 dollars 

18 hours ago, Kyte30351 said:

I mean tour tour merch is usually marked up stupidly. The band and their crew need a cut, the label wants a cut, and the venue wants a cut. I remember growin’ up t-shirts at shows were usually $20-25. Now it’s like $30-40.

Saw Metallica last night. Tour shirts were $65. EASY PASS.

Yep. Tour Poster signed is $50. Shirts are $25 and Future Ruins and Adams solo record is what they were selling. 

I ended up buying the 180. Sounds great. Something about live shows makes you want to buy stuff. I had regretted buying it until they came out and melted my face off. Surprisingly that made me feel better about buying it.

11 hours ago, Gvzr said:

Yep. Tour Poster signed is $50. Shirts are $25 and Future Ruins and Adams solo record is what they were selling. 

I ended up buying the 180. Sounds great. Something about live shows makes you want to buy stuff. I had regretted buying it until they came out and melted my face off. Surprisingly that made me feel better about buying it.

How much is the standard edition of the LP?

3 hours ago, Die Laughing said:

I have never felt so ripped off in my life. Fuck these dudes. They were one of my favorite bands. How can I listen to them now knowing what assholes they are? I have every other record, including fp clear, fp live colored, thiam colored, Solaris, and the first two 7".  Someone make me an offer.

How did you just come to this conclusion if you already paid the stupid ass prices for FP clear and Live?

21 minutes ago, jrodan said:

Huh? How were you ripped off then? I thought you were complaining about the price of the new album. Which is absurd but in line with the records I mentioned which were also incredibly overpriced. 

Failure took people's money, didn't fulfill the orders, and took the records we pre-ordered to sell again on their web site. If you're going to argue, try to at least know what's going on. People were told to dispute year old charges with their banks and credit cards. We did not receive any product and the charges are too old to be refunded.

5 minutes ago, Die Laughing said:

Failure took people's money, didn't fulfill the orders, and took the records we pre-ordered to sell again on their web site. If you're going to argue, try to at least know what's going on. People were told to dispute year old charges with their banks and credit cards. We did not receive any product and the charges are too old to be refunded.

Looks like I understand what is going on better than you. Failure doesn’t own Pledge Music. Pledge Music is who can’t fulfill the orders. Failure isn’t the only band who got fucked in this situation. But keep being an uninformed asshole. 

Do y’all in this thread not know how to read or something? They paid the manufacturing costs for the album out of pocket and took pre orders through Pledge Music. When it was time for Pledge Music to pay them out for the pre orders, Pledge Music up and said “fuck you” and kept all the money. What are they supposed to do, give away the record for free??