PO: Failure - In the Future Your Body Will Be The Furthest Thing From Your Mind

1 minute ago, atlas said:

Do y’all in this thread not know how to read or something? They paid the manufacturing costs for the album out of pocket and took pre orders through Pledge Music. When it was time for Pledge Music to pay them out for the pre orders, Pledge Music up and said “fuck you” and kept all the money. What are they supposed to do, give away the record for free??

Apparently @Die Laughingdoesn’t understand that. Dude seems kinda slow. 

32 minutes ago, Die Laughing said:

Your argument is childish and bereft of adult critical thought. That's why you're bowing out. Have a great day

You may need to take a little bit of a time-out to chill, dude. Pretty sure Pledge Music are the people who actually fulfill the orders placed through them, so they're the ones with address info and the internal infrastructure to deal with shipping out the orders. They're likely unable to even release address info to Failure even if the band wanted to ship things out due to privacy policies. Also, seeing as Failure is on tour right now, how do you think they'd go about shipping orders? It's probably just easier for everyone to contest the orders with Pledge and order the record again if you want it.

And before you jump on me for being an apologist/Failure fanatic...this band is only ok, and the only thing I was ever remotely interested in was FP.

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

You may need to take a little bit of a time-out to chill, dude. Pretty sure Pledge Music are the people who actually fulfill the orders placed through them, so they're the ones with address info and the internal infrastructure to deal with shipping out the orders. They're likely unable to even release address info to Failure even if the band wanted to ship things out due to privacy policies. Also, seeing as Failure is on tour right now, how do you think they'd go about shipping orders? It's probably just easier for everyone to contest the orders with Pledge and order the record again if you want it.

And before you jump on me for being an apologist/Failure fanatic...this band is only ok, and the only thing I was ever remotely interested in was FP.

The vinyl was supposed to be autographed, therefore one can make the assumption that it had to be sent to the band first and then out to the fans.not to mention the fact that they are selling the vinyl that we pre-ordered on their website. Your comment is way less than Savage

4 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Only reason I am hitting this tour is for the far superior sounds of swervedriver.

70 dollars for a record that is available on their site for 28 bucks is a ridiculous rip off to their fans (album isn't even that good )

28 bucks gets you 120gram. FYI. Not that it's that important. I found Swervedriver's performance a little lackluster (this coming from a fan) with little to no interaction with the crowd. I almost felt like Adam really wanted to get off the stage, his body language was very awkward. I guess that's the shoegaze way. Failure definitely brought it. Kelli's drumming was something to behold. But all this is obviously just my opinion.

Edited by Gvzr

8 minutes ago, Die Laughing said:

The vinyl was supposed to be autographed, therefore one can make the assumption that it had to be sent to the band first and then out to the fans.not to mention the fact that they are selling the vinyl that we pre-ordered on their website. Your comment is way less than Savage

If you don't like then don't buy. All those that wish to buy can buy. Regardless of what happened with Pledge, I agree with the LP being overpriced. There's no denying. They could've easily gone with an indie label to front cost and handle distribution but they chose to do it themselves. That is on them. But at the end of the day, it's the consumers choice. You don't have to drink the Kool-Aid. Nothing wrong with that. But since we are on the boards, whine away.

Edited by Gvzr

10 minutes ago, Die Laughing said:

No reason for me to get savage, I don't have a dog in this fight.

11 minutes ago, Gvzr said:

If you don't like then don't buy. All those that wish to buy can buy. Regardless of what happened with Pledge, I agree with the LP being overpriced. There's no denying. They could've easily gone with an indie label to front cost and handle distribution but they chose to do it themselves. That is on them. But at the end of the day, it's the consumers choice. You don't have to drink the Kool-Aid. Nothing wrong with that. But since we are on the boards, whine away.

Your ignorance is astounding. I am not complaining about the prices. If you are out of the loop on what happened with this pledge, maybe you should look into what is going on before making yourself look stupid. The fans pre-ordered the vinyl. The vinyl was shipped to the band. The band and pledge are having some kind of problem with the money. The band is now selling the vinyl that the fans pre-ordered on their website. Christ it's like talking to a wall with some of you people

Edited by Die Laughing

12 minutes ago, Die Laughing said:

Your ignorance is astounding. I am not complaining about the prices. If you are out of the loop on what happened with this pledge, maybe you should look into what is going on before making yourself look stupid. The fans pre-ordered the vinyl. The vinyl was shipped to the band. The band and pledge are having some kind of problem with the money. The band is now selling the vinyl that the fans pre-ordered on their website. Christ it's like talking to a wall with some of you people

Cool. I guess I bought your copy then. I’m okay with that. Sorry brah.

1 hour ago, Gvzr said:

28 bucks gets you 120gram. FYI. Not that it's that important. I found Swervedriver's performance a little lackluster (this coming from a fan) with little to no interaction with the crowd. I almost felt like Adam really wanted to get off the stage, his body language was very awkward. I guess that's the shoegaze way. Failure definitely brought it. Kelli's drumming was something to behold. But all this is obviously just my opinion.

28 bucks at the show? What does 70 bucks get me?

3 hours ago, Die Laughing said:

So what exactly would you have them do in this scenario? Distribute the album for free after paying the full cost of manufacturing, without getting any of the pre-order money? Reimburse the fans out of their own pockets, after already getting fucked out of tens of thousands of dollars? 

1 hour ago, atlas said:

So what exactly would you have them do in this scenario? Distribute the album for free after paying the full cost of manufacturing, without getting any of the pre-order money? Reimburse the fans out of their own pockets, after already getting fucked out of tens of thousands of dollars? 

Fulfill their fucking orders like any responsible business and sue pledge for their losses, like other bands are doing. They made this bed, not the fans. They know damn well the banks aren't reversing year old charges. Pull your head out.