PO: Failure - In the Future Your Body Will Be The Furthest Thing From Your Mind

Failure's facebook page posted a picture of the vinyl with the hashtag #inthefutureyourbodywillbethefurthestthingfromyourmind and someone commented with #inthepresentyourmoneywillbethefurthestthingfromyourwallet

maybe the backlash of the pledge music situation caused it's removal from the online merch site.

2 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Failure's facebook page posted a picture of the vinyl with the hashtag #inthefutureyourbodywillbethefurthestthingfromyourmind and someone commented with #inthepresentyourmoneywillbethefurthestthingfromyourwallet

maybe the backlash of the pledge music situation caused it's removal from the online merch site.

This is hilarious

Not too sure about  the history. I saw the $70 at the show and was like, WTF?  So did a quick search online while at the show and got it for the $28, plus the standard shipping.  I see now that it is no longer there.

They have emailed twice since I placed the order. One that the order is received (and with the digital download link which is available on 3/31), and the second that the records have been received and will ship in the next week.

Seems likes they trying to keep everyone that purchased updated as much as they can. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Band released a flac version of new album....30 bucks

And they say cds at 15 bucks killed the market 

From artists I once admired...

I really wanted to catch their current tour, but from I’ve heard hear and elsewhere I’m kinda glad I didn’t spend the money.

I wanted to see them last month in their sole Florida date but have been caught up in the paralytic flow of commercial pilot certification.  Perhaps I'll get a standard vinyl when this blows over.  I find myself coming back to at least six tracks on the album.  I don't care for the segues on this one at all... SKIP.

Edited by firefoxUSSR

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The band would like to give a full throated apology to all our fans who were ripped off by pledgemusic when trying to order our new album. Just so everybody knows pledgemusic took all the money from the album’s preorders and stole it. The band are owed around $70k that we will never see and many of our fans were ripped off for hundreds of dollars. If you were not able to get a refund from your bank or credit card company, we feel horrible. While we were able to manufacture the Vinyl and CDs, we are currently not in a financial position to ship them out to people who ordered through pledgemusic. Also, there is the problem that many people were refunded. So instead of trying to figure out who is owed what, we thought we would simply offer some unreleased material to anyone who buys the new album from our new Merch store as a way of saying thank you for having to deal with the pledgemusic fiasco. If you already bought the new album from our old Merch store, or bought it from us at a show,just email us a pic of you holding the album and we will reply with a link to download these goodies. Again, we know this whole thing with pledge has been very frustrating, so we hope you’ll enjoy a few these items. Some are things you’ve already heard and seen, and some are new. Enjoy.

https://www.hellomerch.com/collections/failure

Edited by ethereal

14 hours ago, ethereal said:

The band would like to give a full throated apology to all our fans who were ripped off by pledgemusic when trying to order our new album. Just so everybody knows pledgemusic took all the money from the album’s preorders and stole it. The band are owed around $70k that we will never see and many of our fans were ripped off for hundreds of dollars. If you were not able to get a refund from your bank or credit card company, we feel horrible. While we were able to manufacture the Vinyl and CDs, we are currently not in a financial position to ship them out to people who ordered through pledgemusic. Also, there is the problem that many people were refunded. So instead of trying to figure out who is owed what, we thought we would simply offer some unreleased material to anyone who buys the new album from our new Merch store as a way of saying thank you for having to deal with the pledgemusic fiasco. If you already bought the new album from our old Merch store, or bought it from us at a show,just email us a pic of you holding the album and we will reply with a link to download these goodies. Again, we know this whole thing with pledge has been very frustrating, so we hope you’ll enjoy a few these items. Some are things you’ve already heard and seen, and some are new. Enjoy.

https://www.hellomerch.com/collections/failure

Just got my email... excited to see what I'm downloading. 4.1 GB!

Per the fan FB group:

Its about a 5GB zip file. It includes the following:

- 24bit/48k WAV files of Solaris (2014) and Shrine
- Instrument isolated tracks for "Dark Speed", "Distorted Fields", "Heavy and Blind", "No One Left", and "Solar Eyes"
- Fractal Audio AxeFX Presets
- Photos from the tour
- Live videos of "Another Space Song", "Pillowhead", and "Smoking Umbrellas"
- The music videos for "Counterfeit Sky", "Dark Speed", and "Hot Traveler"

• 4 months later...