Billie Eilish - when we all fall asleep, where do we go? (3/29/19)

dnl

10 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Some serious marketing ploys going on here. They also "gave away" a free CD with every concert ticket purchase. Obviously charged more for tickets to boost CD sales. 

That’s a standard thing a lot

of bigger acts do the last few years, it’s certainly not isolated to her.

6 minutes ago, museummouth said:

No idea who this is but read an article about one of her songs yesterday being about how she “wishes a guy was gay” because he wasn’t into her. 

Problematic much? And cringe. 

You think that’s bad? You should hear the song where she wishes Wolverine was Captain Marvel!

8 minutes ago, museummouth said:

No idea who this is but read an article about one of her songs yesterday being about how she “wishes a guy was gay” because he wasn’t into her. 

She thinks people who wear Vans have "small dick energy." Kids say some bratty, stupid stuff.

I went to see her last week, she was okay. I’m not really her target audience but I like some of her stuff. Some of the interviews I have seen are a bit cringe though and that new song isn’t great. 

She’s on course to be massive. There’s definitely a lot of marketing power behind her.

Edited by Skacel

On 3/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, museummouth said:

Sounds like something a fifteen year old would write a song about. It's an old song from Soundcloud. She literally says she's selfish for it, and mentions her pride. Maybe give it another listen.

Edited by akamu

3 hours ago, akamu said:

Sounds like something a fifteen year old would write a song about. It's an old song from Soundcloud. She literally says she's selfish for it, and mentions her pride. Maybe give it another listen.

I never listened to it. Won’t. Sounds awful by the description. 

7 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I'm thinking about canceling my glow in the dark order and going for the lime green variant. I know the glow is gonna sound like shit, especially for this style music and I don't really collect variants. Anyone able to cancel an order through the store? 

You can just beware if you downloaded any music that was attached to your order. Even if you downloaded 1 song they will charge you for the full album and won’t refund you.

39 minutes ago, TheGreatMrY said:

You can just beware if you downloaded any music that was attached to your order. Even if you downloaded 1 song they will charge you for the full album and won’t refund you.

I didn't download anything so I should be good....I think. I don't remember getting any downloads at least. 

On 3/13/2019 at 4:44 AM, akamu said:

I'm sorry - this was supposed to read as a ringing endorsement? My mistake

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 7:54 AM, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

I'm sorry - this was supposed to read as a ringing endorsement? My mistake

Nope. Just explaining it to people who feel the need to be offended for the sake of being offended. People who won't even listen to it or are otherwise ignorant. Guess you missed that part of who I was replying to. But hey, at least he read about it on a website! Your mistake, indeed. 

Edited by akamu

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, Gamer1189 said:

Which one do you think is the rarest and should get?

Possibly this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Billie-Eilish-When-We-All-Fall-Asleep-Where-Do-We-Go-Spotify-Picture-Vinyl/264258547896?hash=item3d870970b8:g:1ocAAOSwGNFcnMAi&frcectupt=true

29 minutes ago, Skacel said:

Half way thru my lime green and it sounds good. Nice colour too.

Forgot all about it. Never contacted the store to change it from glow to lime. O well. Hopefully I can just get a standard copy for cheap. I'm sure it'll be on the top selling records at nebwury comics and will be a lower price after a bit