About to invest in my first Turntable set up how does this look?

Hi gang! After years of collecting Vinyl i've finally decided to pull the trigger on a nice little record set up. Last year for Christmas I bought myself the Audio Engine 2+ bookshelf speakers and have been using them with my computer. I've been very impressed with the sound and think they will be  decent enough speakers to use with my new setup. Especially since space saving is an issue to me. Nice compact  little speakers. After doing some research I've decided on the  Project Debut  Carbon Espirit and the Project Phono Box DC Pre amp. Didn't do much research on the preamp though. Just went by reviews and it's made by the same company so I'm assuming it should pair nicely. Seems like a good little preamp. I imagine I'll need some sort of grounding cable as well? Anything else I'm missing?  I already have a nice little record shelf so the above set up should fit nicely on top of that.

Thanks all!

I assume you can ground to the preamp and the turntable should come with the appropriate cable.  

You’ll likely want to eventually upgrade the speaker end, but it’s a good start.

The only other thing is that you may want something like a Schiit SYS if you still want to use the speakers with your computer and then switch source to the turntable. 

Hello Tardcore!

Yes that's good to know. Like I said this is my first day at the races so I really had no idea what is included or what I need to purchase individually.

Yea I know the speakers aren't the BEST for a decent setup but they've served me well for 0music and mp3 nonsense on the computer.  I know the bar is set a lot higher when it comes to turntable set ups tho. 

My turntable setup wont be that close to the computer so I have my trusty 15 dollar Logitechs to fill the void for the time being. Down the road when I upgrade the speakers I can bring the 2+s  back to the computer.  Another question! How would you say to replacing the project box dc with the   Rega Fono Mini? Aesthetics don't mean anything to me at all and I've been reading it's a great preamp. However space saving is very important to me and if it's actually smaller and a better pre amp then the choice is easy!

Also Multiverse do you mind if I ask you what Turntable you currently own and if you're happy with it? Initially I wanted the Project Debut Carbon Espirit but now I'm toying with the idea of possibly getting a Rega. Any input is welcome! I've been collecting records for years but this will be my first Turn Table.