PO: Charly Bliss - Young Enough (5/10/19)

1 hour ago, turk99 said:

What other bands do you recommend? Charly is great and so is All Dogs. 

Off the top of my head, I'd add Great Grandpa, Forth Wanderers, and Bethlehem Steel to this quick list. Bully, Petal, and Camp Cope are cool too but I was actually not as stoked on their newer/sophomore LPs so I feel obligated to list them separately from Bliss, Great Grandpa, etc. Hop Along are more veteran than those bands but they are awesome and deserve mention. There were some other cool bands that released random tape singles and EPs in 2015-2017 in this same genre/sound but I'd have to look at my notes to recall the names since I listen to so many tapes by bands with silly hard-to-remember names.

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Maaaaaaaan...I don't want to rejoin VMP just for this.

How long has it been since I signed in here? I came to see who had what cooking around this album. I can't join VMP for this but if there is anyone who does orders to spread around let me know. I'd like to get in on that. What else is new Juan? 

IMO, it’s pretty much the same core/style with less dependence on guitars to drive everything. Instead of just throwing in an extra layer of guitar, there are other instruments/effects used and everything else gets a little more foreground and time in the light. Reminds me a little bit of the last Paramore album which is the only Paramore album I like. If you dig their last album, I’d stick with this a little more before writing it off.

Edited by swb

Their first lp "Guppy" is $9.37 on Amazon if anyone wants a good deal. Has been dropping in price for about a week now, I bought it on Wednesday for $10 something.

https://www.amazon.com/Guppy-Charly-Bliss/dp/B01MV2RVCK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1550345027&sr=8-1&keywords=charly+bliss+vinyl

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

They have a new EP out now called ‘Supermoon’.  The songs were written for their last record, but left off (way more guitar).  ‘Heaven’ is on it too.  Vinyl ships early 2020.  PO link

spacer.png

I love their first LP, but not so much the second.  However, I might give it another try.  It’s been on Amazon for cheap lately ($15)

Edited by curator