The Sound of Animals Fighting - The Ocean and The Sun

On 6/15/2019 at 10:49 AM, Buffbloom said:

No... It's just listed on almost all releases and tracked on Discogs and such because it doesn't matter and nobody cares. 

But it doesn’t matter unless you’re either a flipper or an urban outfitters tool who pins their albums to the wall.

listen to the fuckin record, who cares how many there are

3 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

But it doesn’t matter unless you’re either a flipper or an urban outfitters tool who pins their albums to the wall.

listen to the fuckin record, who cares how many there are

Or unless maybe people just like to collect things.  Go download some MP3s, dude.

Edited by Buffbloom

32 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Or unless maybe you just like to collect things.  Go download some MP3s, dude.

give your balls a tug ya titfucker go buy some urban outfitters exclusives and pin them to your wall you think I’m on a vinyl forum cause I love mp3s? Figure it out

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 hour ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

give your balls a tug ya titfucker go buy some urban outfitters exclusives and pin them to your wall you think I’m on a vinyl forum cause I love mp3s? Figure it out

Lol.  Tit fucker... Loud and proud, baby.

MP3 guy must not see things from more than one perspective. 

I collect (as well as listen) to vinyl. Part of what enticed me was the chase of finding a limited Pressing or something. I photograph and catalog all my records, kind of for insurance reasons but mostly because I enjoy it. I list the Pressing numbers. So knowing matters to me but if they don’t release numbers then it’s no big deal. 

My point is, some people care (like me) and other don’t (mp3 guy). 

What do you guys do for larger, wide-scale reissues or ongoing represses where it’s impossible to gauge just how many copies are out in the wild?  Make up numbers or lose sleep?  I’m all for cataloging my collection and I strongly prefer to fill out everything I can for each entry on a spreadsheet, but there’s also a point where I shrug and say “wish I knew how many of these exist, but I’m glad to own this and don’t really care.  Oh well”.  Someone else can do the Discogs sleuthing and label e-mailing, I guess.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

What do you guys do for larger, wide-scale reissues or ongoing represses where it’s impossible to gauge just how many copies are out in the wild?  Make up numbers or lose sleep?  I’m all for cataloging my collection and I strongly prefer to fill out everything I can for each entry on a spreadsheet, but there’s also a point where I shrug and say “wish I knew how many of these exist, but I’m glad to own this and don’t really care.  Oh well”.  Someone else can do the Discogs sleuthing and label e-mailing, I guess.

That's how I am as well. It's not a big deal, I just leave it blank and if I come across it later while somehow I just fill it in (or change it if there was an error.). No big deal on what it's pressed to, just interesting to know and list in the spreadsheet. 

2 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

That's how I am as well. It's not a big deal, I just leave it blank and if I come across it later while somehow I just fill it in (or change it if there was an error.). No big deal on what it's pressed to, just interesting to know and list in the spreadsheet. 

Exactly. If it’s not available, whatever, but if someone knows then I’d like to know also. I have tons of cataloged “limited” records. I usually just leave the quantity pressed blank. 

• 1 month later...