PO: Holding Patterns - Endless (members of Crash of Rhinos) - out 5/17

mesi

It's been a long time coming but we're excited to announce that our album, 'Endless', will finally be released on May 17th. It's being released as a double LP on Vested Interest in the UK/EU and To Lose La Track in Italy/EU, alongside a CD release by stiff slack records in Japan. It contains twelve tracks that we put everything into.

DyzAazFXcAABssE.jpg:medium

Pre orders for the double LP are available from the respective labels now. 

Transparent Electric Blue 2xLP /150: To Lose La Track (IT) 
http://www.toloselatrack.org/catalogue.php?idcat=225

Halloween Orange Solid 2xLP /150: Vested Interest (UK)
https://vestedinterest.bigcartel.com/…/holding-patterns-end…

First 2 songs:

https://holdingpatterns.bandcamp.com

Edited by mesi

• 3 months later...

I was impartial to the single or two leading up to this release.  I miss Crash deeply, and the tracks weren’t bad... but they also weren’t flooring me, or compelling me to drop $40 to import the record.

Listened to the full album today though, and it’s rad.  I was thoroughly impressed.  Still need another spin, but of the parts that jumped out at me – which were fairly abundant – Matt said it well; stupid good.  I could see myself springing for a copy of this, especially to keep the CoR streak alive.

Didnt listen to any of the tracks before the release. Most I heard was a short teaser thing on their instagram. Kind of wanted to be.. surprised? Being that the vinyl is coming from Italy, I didnt want to wait to listen to that. Sorry, no self control. haha. Anyway, I listened a couple times now. I like it.  its pretty in line with Crash's "Knots" musically but poppier I would say. Which you can weigh however you'd like. I don't view that as a bad thing really.  I plan to listen a few more times and obviously spin it once it arrives. Its a real good first release though. I really hope they are a band that is around for awhile. 

• 3 weeks later...

been listening to this a lot. as with crash of rhinos, not many stand-out tracks but a really great project as a whole. looking for the cheapest copy to the US, if anyone has any alternate leads. havent seen anything other than expensive out of country bandcamp/label. also, if you can't hear the blink influence or "similarity" (whichever term helps you sleep at night) in the lead guitar, drums and vocals, I can't help you. this is blink - of 20 years ago, mind you - with some more creative song structure. I'm a fan

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

You've said nothing of substance, including your stupid post count clout bullshit.

Ironically, you're the only one who hasn't voiced any opinion on the music, other than baiting/attacking me, in this thread. Even Derektm's first post included the illuminating commentary: " the tracks weren’t bad " / " weren’t flooring me " / " it’s rad " / "thoroughly impressed" / "stupid good".