PO: Holding Patterns - Endless (members of Crash of Rhinos) - out 5/17

mesi

46 minutes ago, Chrundle The Great said:

Ironically, you're the only one who hasn't voiced any opinion on the music, other than baiting/attacking me, in this thread. Even Derektm's first post included the illuminating commentary: " the tracks weren’t bad " / " weren’t flooring me " / " it’s rad " / "thoroughly impressed" / "stupid good".

What are you even on about again?  I said that cursory listens of the first single or two were so-so.  Spent time with them in context of the whole record with several replays, and they’re stronger in the grander scheme of the album.  Have you ever experienced that with early exposure to singles and full-album listens?  You should try it sometime.

Honestly feels like you’re trying to argue for the sake of arguing.  The band has 3 vocalists and one of them shares a piece of Hopus’ vocal delivery for 1 or 2 moments on a few songs.  The drums are upbeat and energetic.  Band consists of 3 males.  There is a bass and a guitar in addition to the aforementioned drums.  Do we really want to keep making dumb, frivolous “comparisons” to Blink?  What am I missing here?

Also feel the need to mention that post counts seem trivial to bring up in the face of discussing music or proving a point but I guess that’s a counter-argument that someone, somewhere subscribes to.

Edited by Derek™

No problem.  May be worth noting for you — I don’t know how long they’ve been there, but the band’s Bamdcamp had all 3 variants in stock, if I recall.  Believe it comes out to around $35 PPD last I checked, plus the instant download of whatever format you fancy.  Sort of wish I went that route over the Italian distro I ordered from, but it’s all good.

Edited by Derek™

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

No problem.  May be worth noting for you — I don’t know how long they’ve been there, but the band’s Bamdcamp had all 3 variants in stock, if I recall.  Believe it comes out to around $35 PPD last I checked, plus the instant download of whatever format you fancy.  Sort of wish I went that route over the Italian distro I ordered from, but it’s all good.

$35PPD in the year 2019 of our Lord and Savior, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, isn't that absurd for a 2xLP. I don't know if that's good or an excuse, but it's not ridiculously expensive.

17 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

$35PPD in the year 2019 of our Lord and Savior, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, isn't that absurd for a 2xLP. I don't know if that's good or an excuse, but it's not ridiculously expensive.

I resonate with your reasoning.  I hate dropping that much for a double LP stateside, but as an import for something /150 it's a little easier to digest.  Not by much, but at least a bit.