PO: Year of the Knife - Ultimate Aggression

51 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Pure Noise Records bastardizing good bands and making it hard for people who buy, collect and listen to records since it was possible to fuck people over on the internet.

How do we make it hard? There are 2 variants you can buy by themselves, you don't have to buy a bundle.

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

You know exactly what you do. Don’t play coy. $$$

Ok guy, if you're a variant collector we make it even easier and give a discount.

https://yearoftheknife.merchnow.com/products/v2/285041/ultimate-aggression-3-lp
And if you really want to support a band, buying their merch means more $ in their pockets.

Edited by IanRees

8 minutes ago, IanRees said:

Ok guy, if you're a variant collector we make it even easier and give a discount

https://yearoftheknife.merchnow.com/products/v2/285041/ultimate-aggression-3-lp

First of all, should stop using that word. Not everyone in the fucking world is a “guy”. For someone who has See You Space Cowboy on their label, ya should fuckin know better.

Secondly, not everyone has been collecting records for 3 years and wants every variant. For someone who’s in their 30’s and has been collecting for 20+ years, that’s stupid. As is trying to up sale the rarest variant of a release with a fucking CD! 

Again, you know you’re doing. Don’t act like you care about your customers.

Edited by MyEnemy

1 minute ago, MyEnemy said:

First of all, should stop using that word. Not everyone in the fucking world is a “guy”.

Secondly, not everyone has been collecting records for 3 years and wants every variant. For someone who’s in their 30’s and has been collecting for 20+ years, that’s stupid. As is trying to up sale the rarest variant of a release with a fucking CD! 

Again, you know you’re doing. Don’t act like you care about your customers.

Ok, person. As I said, if you just want the record there are 2 version you can buy, by themselves.
Just because you can't get the rarest outside of a bundle doesn't mean we don't care about our customers or are bastardizing our bands.

4 minutes ago, IanRees said:

Ok, person. As I said, if you just want the record there are 2 version you can buy, by themselves.
Just because you can't get the rarest outside of a bundle doesn't mean we don't care about our customers or are bastardizing our bands.

Great way to defend yourself. I bet your personal vocabulary is something that could use a little touching up.

No, you care about pushing numbers up and up selling. Who wants a fuckin CD when they’re buying a record? What’s the logic in that? 

Even better question, why do you do that in the first place? Simple question.

Edited by MyEnemy

1 minute ago, MyEnemy said:

True, and that's why there is an option for those who do enjoy that format...on it's own.

Again, my question is still unanswered. 

The most limited variant goes in bundles, if someone wants to buy the CD and LP, there is a bundle for that.

If someone is wants to pre-order multiple versions of the record in a bundle we give them a discount. Got it?

Just now, IanRees said:

The most limited variant goes in bundles, if someone wants to buy the CD and LP, there is a bundle for that.

If someone is wants to pre-order multiple versions of the record in a bundle we give them a discount. Got it?

Hahah no! You didn't question. Why is that your business model? Why do you do that? Again, for the most part, someone buying a record doesn't give a shit about a CD, but I will say that they do care about being up sold $7 for something they're going to sell to the record store for $2. 

It's because you care about making the most money off of a release and getting Billboard numbers. Plain and simple. Sell 300 copies of the most rare variant with a CD, boom 600!

You don't care about the people buying records from you. Just admit it. 

I don't give a shit either way. It's just sad. 

7 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Hahah no! You didn't question. Why is that your business model? Why do you do that? Again, for the most part, someone buying a record doesn't give a shit about a CD, but I will say that they do care about being up sold $7 for something they're going to sell to the record store for $2. 

It's because you care about making the most money off of a release and getting Billboard numbers. Plain and simple. Sell 300 copies of the most rare variant with a CD, boom 600!

You don't care about the people buying records from you. Just admit it. 

I don't give a shit either way. It's just sad. 

ah yes, because all 300 of a variant that are in bundles are only going to sell in the bundle with the CD. You seem to have it all figured out.

1 minute ago, IanRees said:

ah yes, because all 300 of a variant that are in bundles are only going to sell in the bundle with the CD. You seem to have it all figured out.

1 hour ago, IanRees said:

Just because you can't get the rarest outside of a bundle 

Yes, exactly. You said it yourself. Why are you still making yourself look like a dipshit? As someone who's worked in the music industry for a decade, and been a collector for 20+ years, I know how this all works. I'm not a fucking child, but that seems to be what you're marketing to, because only a super fan or moron would eat this up without complaint. 

Then when the most rare variant sells out, you will put the second most rare exclusively in the bundles. 

It's a fucked way of doing business. You suck as a person for taking part in this and not owning up to it. Deflecting every legitimate question I've asked you

4 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Yes, exactly. You said it yourself. Why are you still making yourself look like a dipshit? As someone who's worked in the music industry for a decade, and been a collector for 20+ years, I know how this all works. I'm not a fucking child, but that seems to be what you're marketing to, because only a super fan or moron would eat this up without complaint. 

Then when the most rare variant sells out, you will put the second most rare exclusively in the bundles. 

It's a fucked way of doing business. You suck as a person for taking part in this and not owning up to it. Deflecting every legitimate question I've asked you

tenor.gif