Outer Sleeves for Thicker Covers

Hello everyone,

I’m relatively new to the vinyl collection world. I’ve already researched this topic and have gotten some good ideas, but I still think that enthusiasts giving current answers from a respected forum is hard to beat. 

I have some albums with 4+ records and a thicker cover as a result. I’m looking for clear outer sleeves to use for protection and storage that will fit these larger albums. 

Any suggestions for particular brands?

25 minutes ago, bluewaterpig said:

Hello everyone,

I’m relatively new to the vinyl collection world. I’ve already researched this topic and have gotten some good ideas, but I still think that enthusiasts giving current answers from a respected forum is hard to beat. 

I have some albums with 4+ records and a thicker cover as a result. I’m looking for clear outer sleeves to use for protection and storage that will fit these larger albums. 

Any suggestions for particular brands?

Sleeve City has a few oversized sleeves. Unfortunately, any larger sleeve will most likely be too loose or tight as 3-5 LP packaging tends to vary a lot in size. So it’ll be trial and error and compromise on your part.

I usually keep mine without an outer if it’s too big, but check these two links.  

Here and here

I’ve used these guys for years, but haven’t tried the oversized sleeves.  They sell through amazon too so the shipping works out better, but it may be cheap shipping if you’re not buying many.