PO: The Gerbils - Are You Sleepy (Reissue) [FFO: Elephant 6, Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control, etc.]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1514801855/the-gerbils-are-you-sleepy-vinyl-lp-reissue

Kickstarter actually includes their first 2 albums. They're pretty close to reaching their goal.

The Gerbils included a couple Neutral Milk Hotel members. Are You Sleepy is truly one of the gems of the Elephant 6 discography. 

Supposedly E6 is going to be launching several Kickstarter campaigns throughout the year to reissue some of their back catalog. Keep an eye out.

11 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

How 'bout some fuckin' Beulah reissues? Amiright?

You are right. Handsome Western States needs to be pressed.

I ended up getting the hand-poured version of Are You Sleepy through the Kickstarter, but am trying to get better at saving money so didn’t spring for the bundle. Really looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, Bronchitis said:

You are right. Handsome Western States needs to be pressed.

I ended up getting the hand-poured version of Are You Sleepy through the Kickstarter, but am trying to get better at saving money so didn’t spring for the bundle. Really looking forward to this.

Yessssss. I want When Your Heartstrings Break badly too. And I wouldn't scoff at The Coast Is Never Clear even though I have that one and spent more than I'd have liked to on it.

So much focus on Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control & Apples in Stereo ended up causing a lot of the smaller bands to get ignored.

Beulah was great. And the Gerbils had a run of killer 7”singles in the late 90s that are well worth checking out if you’re into that DIY, bedroom indie sound.

4 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Yessssss. I want When Your Heartstrings Break badly too. And I wouldn't scoff at The Coast Is Never Clear even though I have that one and spent more than I'd have liked to on it.

Maybe they’ll do a Kickstarter for those too. I would buy the hell out of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like this is just the start for E6 reissues so hopefully a lot more to come. Already have both Lps by The Gerbils so happy to kick a few extra quid their way to support the band and E6. The 'wacky' colours are a nice option in scenarios like this. Surprised there weren't more takers for it to be honest. 

4 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Are you sure? I thought I counted the bundles in there. A lot of the bundles just included the basic LP

For the hand pours, I see:

57 singles

15 bundles w/ Battle of Electricity

18 bundles w/ t-shirt

1 bundle w/ two copies

11 bundles w/ Battle of Electricity and t-shirt

13 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

For the hand pours, I see:

57 singles

15 bundles w/ Battle of Electricity

18 bundles w/ t-shirt

1 bundle w/ two copies

11 bundles w/ Battle of Electricity and t-shirt

Oh word. I must have miscounted/missed something. It's been a long week.

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 3:11 AM, thesewoodenideas said:

Still not many.

102 is a tiny run!

Kind of wish I'd went for 2 now especially with each hand pour being unique/diff colour.

Maybe on the next E6 reissue.

I'd be up for some Ladybug Transistor, Sunshine Fix and Beulah reissues. And the Major Organ LP & dvd.

Beulah reissues would be tops. That's one of my most wanted sets of reissues.

My handpour should be in my hands by the end of the day today and I'm super stoked about it!