PO: Alexisonfire - Familiar Drugs 7"

daegor

4 hours ago, skippy said:

the dude is a complete sell out now in my opinion

Yeah, fuck him for wanting to do something different and provide for himself (and his family). 

Also, that giant new Spotify ad with Alexisonfire in Yonge-Dundas square sure screams "We make no money from this!". 

20 hours ago, daegor said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Saw them live a bunch of times post-C&C, Dallas always brought it hard, they were always amazing live.

saw them in sydney and melbourne for the farewell tour, was pretty disappointed in the vocal range, just seemed like he was singing in a lower key to save his voice for c&c

3 hours ago, skippy said:

saw them in sydney and melbourne for the farewell tour, was pretty disappointed in the vocal range, just seemed like he was singing in a lower key to save his voice for c&c

I mean, it sounds like he was saving his voice in general. If he's not hitting notes, optimistically, it's b/c he's either:

a) not capable of hitting them any more, or b) not able to hit them at that moment due to illness/fatigue..

• 1 month later...

I chose local pickup and still waiting for them to send the email to pick it up.

Apparently there will be a cassette version available on RSD: http://dinealonerecords.com/news/dine-alone-records-opens-for-record-store-day/

EDIT: https://www.dinealonestore.com/collections/tapes/products/alexisonfire-familiar-drugs-cs

Edited by voltagedrop

AND YOU GUYS WERE WORRIED YOU WOULDN'T GET A GLOW COPY!!

a special tip for my vc-ers who missed out and shouldn't pay aftermarket prices:

these will be hitting retail soon and they are in open top polybags...... just don't buy them up and flip them like a dingus

53 minutes ago, justindinealone said:

AND YOU GUYS WERE WORRIED YOU WOULDN'T GET A GLOW COPY!!

a special tip for my vc-ers who missed out and shouldn't pay aftermarket prices:

these will be hitting retail soon and they are in open top polybags...... just don't buy them up and flip them like a dingus

Will you be selling any other RSD Dine Alone stuff online this year for us in the U.S.? I really don’t wanna pay a flipper

Edited by Saxonjulin

1 minute ago, Saxonjulin said:

Will you be selling any other RSD Dine Alone stuff online this year for us in the U.S.? I really don’t wanna pay a flipper

we'll likely have leftovers of the Wintersleep 7" and AOF tapes, i cant imagine the nil vinyl will last the day. 

the AOF tapes are /300, we'll have ~150 for sale and the band will be selling the others next week.

4 hours ago, justindinealone said:

If anyone up in Canada happens across an extra GITD, I’d be grateful for some help on this one!