PO: Silverstein - REDUX

13 hours ago, li0nel said:

Tidal Wave variant is already sold out outside bundles... I won’t buy this with a T-shirt or a super expensive mega thingy, will have to wait until another press or a Discogs listing. I’m a bit sad this wasn’t much thought for fans outside the US, isnt Europe a pretty big market for them?

seeing they tour over here twice a year or something, you'd say yes. 

But I think it's mostly because they are self releasing it ,they didn't think about a eu distro. Let's start one :p

16 minutes ago, vinny0190 said:

Maybe they can't get rights from Victory so this is a way to re-record some of their old hits and own the rights?

That sounds right.  Senses Fail is doing it with their first EP and Allister just released a ‘best of’ with re-recorded versions of JUST the Drive-Thru tracks.

I’m not in the music business, but wouldn’t some money still go back to the label since they are the same songs?  The songs are just re-recorded so they could at least release something.  It gets confusing too since I believe Victory owns all the publishing. (??)

Doesn’t one of the dudes in Silverstein post on here?

Edited by curator

8 hours ago, MyckelJay said:

Probably Bill. I know he's a pretty avid collector. I see him update Discogs often, but haven't seen him on here.

He was active. He collected  hot water music. Doubt he posts anymore. 

Edited by Tidal Wave

13 hours ago, curator said:

That sounds right.  Senses Fail is doing it with their first EP and Allister just released a ‘best of’ with re-recorded versions of JUST the Drive-Thru tracks.

I’m not in the music business, but wouldn’t some money still go back to the label since they are the same songs?  The songs are just re-recorded so they could at least release something.  It gets confusing too since I believe Victory owns all the publishing. (??)

Doesn’t one of the dudes in Silverstein post on here?

Add catch 22 / streetlight manifesto to the list

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, vinny0190 said:

I've been wondering that too, I'm guessing the Smashed Into Pieces might be the same re-recorded one they released for its anniversary? But also, who's the guest vocalist on the new version of Vices? 

The "Smashed Into Pieces" version is brand new; apparently they were all recorded in Fall 2018, according to their twitter.

As for why they're not releasing a song, I couldn't say.  Might be that with it releasing only a month after the preorder, they aren't exactly in a hurry.

Possibility they release it after the preorders go out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...