PO Now: Orange 9mm - Driver* (MOV Reissue 04.05.19)

derby625

Saw this today and want to give the heads up to anyone else needing this (I have an OG copy I got for a steal years ago after searching forever) 

Maybe MOV will press more of their discography. That would be rad. 

Available via Bullmoose:

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/29219190/orange-9mm-driver-not-included-flame-vinyl-180g-yellow-orange-mixed-vinyl

• 180 gram audiophile vinyl 
  • Including insert
  • Limited edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on flame coloured (yellow & orange mixed) vinyl
  • Music on Vinyl Import
The post-hardcore band Orange 9mm released their debut studio album Driver not Included in 1995. Listeners will get excited about their East Coast hardcore with flashes of metal and funk. This album rocks hard, but slows down to give the listener a break from all their energy and raw power. "High Speed Changer" and "Cutting and Draining" are two outstanding tracks. With the forceful choruses and intensive bass riffs they're giving you just a quick moment to catch some breath, before the band's moving on to the next song. It definitely deserves a place among the list of important '90s hardcore releases.

TRACKLIST:

Side A
1. Glistening
2. High Speed Changer
3. Disclaimer
4. Suspect
5. Pissed
6. Toilet
Side B
1. Magnet
2. Guyatone
3. Thickest Glass
4. Can’t Decide
5. Sacrifice
6. Cutting & Draining

EDIT 3/18 - removing the Ed's Awesome Sounds link as that store is now defunct

Edited by derby625

Wow. Like everybody else I love this record enough to have sought out an OG, but MOV represses are usually top notch so I’ll probably have to do this. I’m REALLY surprised somebody’s putting the money behind this considering that this band seems to be kind of lost in history compared to post-hardcore brethren like Quicksand and Helmet.

How do people feel about Tragic? Which one I like better changes by the month. It’s a shame it never got a vinyl pressing, but I’ve always assumed the market isn’t there for it now. Maybe if this sells well somebody will consider it. “Failure” is the fucking jam!

I don’t even acknowledge anything post-Tragic beyond that song “Victim”. Traynor leaving seemed to be a creative death knell.

Been waiting for this but figured there was never enough demand. Also have an OG copy but this is one of my favorite albums of all time so will be buying. 

I love tragic but not as much as driver. 

Always wished for an 09MM reunion. I'm one of the rare people that loves 09 more than Burn. 

38 minutes ago, manic_compressed said:

Been waiting for this but figured there was never enough demand. Also have an OG copy but this is one of my favorite albums of all time so will be buying. 

I love tragic but not as much as driver. 

Always wished for an 09MM reunion. I'm one of the rare people that loves 09 more than Burn. 

I beleive Chaka hinted at some shows in 2019

https://www.instagram.com/orange9mmnyc/

That would be incredible but I recall seeing some interview not that long ago when Burn was doing the reunion and Chaka was kind of talking down about 09mm saying it had no direction/ was too corporate and that Burn was superior. This driver repress might be signaling something though. I think some demand would be there if they toured and put out some merch.  I've been a fan since I saw them on the second stage at the first warped at Concord Paviliion in 1995. I still listen to Driver nearly 25 years later. I was bummed to see Chaka talk negatively about it.  

'I think that playing a Burn show versus an Orange 9mm show, I would prefer the Burn show because Burn is, the word that comes to mind, is real. I'm not saying Orange 9mm wasn't real, but I think with Orange 9mm we did an EP in 1994 that was real and then we got a record deal. The EP sounds nothing like the album. I think the EP was more in that progression from hardcore and the album was trying to be something that wasn't really what we were. We had problems keeping that ship afloat. [Guitarist] Chris [Traynor] left the band to join Helmet. It was musical chairs with members and stuff like that, it is what it is.'

http://www.noecho.net/interviews/chaka-malik-burn-orange-9mm

Edited by manic_compressed
link

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, thievesdont said:

Just a heads up, the band didn't give permission for this. Chris and Chaka both mentioned on Instagram that they're officially releasing this on vinyl with a lot of bonus stuff and MOV still went ahead and put this out.

The same story about a lot of other releases (I remember Failure complaining about Magnified for example..), but when you sign for a major you must know that they owns the rights of your music and they can do whater they want with it...

I’d love to believe a band-approved repress with extras will come along, but I won’t until I see it. The eons-long wait for Downward Is Heavenward doesn’t make me hopeful. That said, I’ll pass on this one for now.

Also, I was also lucky enough to get my entire $60 order from Ed refunded despite clearly stating in the case notes that I received 2/3 of my order. I already re-spent it on vinyl.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Orange 9mm - Tragic LP -> PRE-ORDER

We are VERY happy to announce the 25th anniversary re-issue of Orange 9mm´s 2nd full length album TRAGIC.

FIRST TIME EVER ON VINYL!

Total first pressing of 1.000.

This is a pre-order. This item will ship around January, 2021.

Your order will be dispatched when the item with the latest release date is available. Final products might slightly differ from mock ups.

Colors:
Orange w/blue marble - LTD. to 250
Clear - LTD. to 150 (TSR label shop exclusive )
Purple w/black marble - LTD. to 200 (TSR label shop exclusive )
Red Transparent - LTD. to 250 (retail exclusive )
Clear w/red transparent & blue marble - LTD. to 150 (TSR label shop exclusive )

- LP on heavy 180 gram vinyl
- new artwork by onetricpony
- heavy 12" 2-sided insert

https://thirtysomethingrecords.bigcartel.com/product/orange-9mm-tragic-lp-bundle-pre-order

https://thirtysomethingrecords.bigcartel.com/product/orange-9mm-tragic-lp-pre-order

• 4 months later...