MerchNow Not Responsible For Damaged Items

All I fucking want is for MerchNow to allow local pick-up for orders. I live 10 min away from the warehouse and they flat out refuse to let people stop by to pick anything up. Instead I have to wait over a week or more for my shipments to arrive when they are the next zip code over.

Fucking stupid.

Edited by angryalan

1 minute ago, angryalan said:

All I fucking want is for MerchNow to allow local pick-up for orders. I live 10 min away from the warehouse and they flat out refuse to let people stop by to pick anything up. Instead I have to wait over a week or more for my shipments to arrive when they are the next zip code over.

Fucking stupid.

So they should make an exception to policy for the few people that this applies to?

I have an amazon shipping center about 30 mins from where I live, should they let me pick up my stuff too?

4 minutes ago, angryalan said:

Fucking stupid.

Same - I'm about 25 minutes away. Meanwhile, all of my international orders arrive in pristine condition. 

1 hour ago, angryalan said:

Fucking stupid.

I've lived in Albany for 10 years and have called to see if I can pick orders up and they've always said no. It's stupid, our packages go from Albany to Massachusetts to New Jersey then back to Albany. I feel your pain.

1 hour ago, angryalan said:

Fucking stupid.

1 minute ago, thomasj182 said:

I've lived in Albany for 10 years and have called to see if I can pick orders up and they've always said no. It's stupid, our packages go from Albany to Massachusetts to New Jersey then back to Albany. I feel your pain.

You wanna know what's even dumber about that? I'm friend with people in bands who have gone to tour the facility and they've purchased items while they were there to take home. One of the guys wasn't in a band that has distribution with them. What's the difference???

39 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

You wanna know what's even dumber about that? I'm friend with people in bands who have gone to tour the facility and they've purchased items while they were there to take home. One of the guys wasn't in a band that has distribution with them. What's the difference???

Seems like the difference is they have scheduled tours as opposed to random people coming in to pick up orders. If they let you and angryalan how many other people do they have to let? Maybe that also requires hiring someone to deal with all you people coming to pick up orders. They probably also feel like if you want to pick up your records just go to a record store.

You guys think that’s bad? I used to live by a record shop that closed at 6pm. I would get out of work around 5:30pm and if I rushed I could make it five minutes after closing.

You may not believe this, but those bastards wouldn’t change their posted hours to accommodate me.

The nerve of some businesses...

2 hours ago, N8TRU1 said:

A buddy of mine worked there a few years ago, he said it's an insurance thing because they don't have retail clearance.

4 hours ago, angryalan said:

Fucking stupid.

As someone who worked doing something similar to this for years...Nah I don’t wanna deal with that or see your face or answer your questions. Get over it.

2 hours ago, N8TRU1 said:

Also, HUGE fuckin difference when a band rolls through to pick up stuff, hang out, shoot the shot opposed to some rando who wants to come in and pick up a package from you every two weeks.

Edited by MyEnemy

8 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

As someone who worked doing something similar to this for years...Nah I don’t wanna deal with that or see your face or answer your questions. Get over it.

I would have zero interest in talking to you or asking fucking questions. I just want my goddamn records faster and without the possibility of damage.

51 minutes ago, angryalan said:

I would have zero interest in talking to you or asking fucking questions. I just want my goddamn records faster and without the possibility of damage.

I bet... Tell your mail carrier to stop using your packages for playing frolf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by MyEnemy

It’s prob tough to have started in the music selling biz pre-PayPal and all this clearly outlined customer protection. Now, no matter what wacky policies you draft up about having zero culpability or responsibility for an order’s condition, if you accept PayPal or credit cards, you do have responsibility and a savvy buyer knows that, worst case scenario, they are protected. That said, please always be nice and polite to your customer support people. Even if they aren’t polite back or try to give you the runaround, which is rare, just hang up and skip to dealing with PayPal/your credit card company in that instance. Be nice to humans.

they wouldn't have this issue if they actually spent all of an hour learning how to properly pack records for shipping.

their records are literally thrown in the mailer without any protection or pressure to keep it weighted from thrashing in transit.

every. single. time.

And so it begins.... Also this order was from November and just received it like a week ago.

Kairi replied:

Hello,
I’m sorry to hear your order was damaged in transit. As stated on the site during checkout MerchNow does not hold any responsibility for items damaged in transit and highly suggests choosing an insured shipping method. Unfortunately because you did not choose an insured shipping method you will likely not be able to file a claim and there is nothing more we can do on our end. You may attempt to contact your shipping carrier to see if there are any options for a claim, but we cannot guarantee the results will be favorable.

You can find the contact information for each carrier here: 
https://merchnow.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2965280-my-item-arrived-damaged-what-do-i-do-

We apologize for the inconvenience.

- Kairi

Needless to say my response was telling them that wasn't going to work for me as the original e-mail I sent asked for pictures of the damage and they would replace. I told them if they didn't want to resolve it with me I would go through PayPal or my Credit Card company. Interested to see how this goes.