PO NOW: The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature

The Dangerous Summer have announced their 5th full-length album Mother Nature. Pre-orders here.

Listen to their first single here. 2nd single here.

Tour with Have Mercy and Modern Chemistry this summer. Tickets here.

Edited by californiaflow
Messed up embed

Did not really enjoy the ST album from last year, so I'm hoping this one is a bit more ambitious. ST felt too safe and samey, but that was the first with the new band, so maybe it took them a record to come into their sound together. 

Also kind of disliked War Paint but loved Golden Record, so maybe there is an A B A B A pattern forming here...

Edited by JRHews

14 minutes ago, JRHews said:

Did not really enjoy the ST album from last year, so I'm hoping this one is a bit more ambitious. ST felt too safe and samey, but that was the first with the new band, so maybe it took them a record to come into their sound together. 

Also kind of disliked War Paint but loved Golden Record, so maybe there is an A B A B A pattern forming here...

Haha thats funny i really dont care for golden and love war paint. To each their own stoked for this one tho!

35 minutes ago, RaptorRick said:

Haha thats funny i really dont care for golden and love war paint. To each their own stoked for this one tho!

I loved War Paint when it dropped. Still do. Golden Record took me some time to love. It's worth a listen again if you enjoyed their S/T album.

4 hours ago, RaptorRick said:

I own them all on vinyl haha golden just doesnt get me like the rest do!

It's a bit odd, I think Golden Record is the closest they get to Reach, which I fell in absolute love with and is still a classic for me. War Paint just felt like an experimentation album that didn't fulfill my need for a Reach repeat. Maybe I need a lot of replays of it to really appreciate it in the discography. 

war paint was good and helped define my summer of '11 but some songs seriously dragged. ditto golden record, with higher highs and lower lows. good albums but not great staying power for me.

S/T was much more consistent, and the first three tracks of that album are among the best they've written since 'reach for the sun,' hands down. the new track sounds like an extension of that, and i love it. there's just fundamentally different energy

• 1 month later...

Tickets are now officially on sale for the #MotherNatureTour with Have Mercy and Modern Chemistry. We will be doing a VIP meet and greet at every date, and we have an exclusive clear vinyl for the first 200 people who purchase. Tickets will sell quickly, so let’s go!

www.thedangeroussummer.us
www.thedangeroussummervip.com

1 hour ago, ckraus333 said:

Tickets are now officially on sale for the #MotherNatureTour with Have Mercy and Modern Chemistry. We will be doing a VIP meet and greet at every date, and we have an exclusive clear vinyl for the first 200 people who purchase. Tickets will sell quickly, so let’s go!

www.thedangeroussummer.us
www.thedangeroussummervip.com

Modern Chemistry on this bill is so awesome. Just saw TDS in Chicago, but I guess I'll have to see them again!