Andrew Yang 2020

Is anyone else intrigued or have thoughts on this guy? 

So far he is the only one that will be running that I feel has detailed plans and a pretty amazing idea to put America on a better track...

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

I mean, universal basic income (or the "freedom dividend") wasn't really something I thought would be a good idea but man the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.   "Human Centered Capitalism" is quite an interesting concept too...

Thoughts? Ideas? 

• 5 months later...

Dems REALLY needs to consider Tulsi Gabbard. She's pushing the anti-war and audit The Fed ticket, that speaks huge volumes to everyone in the center who road the Ron Paul train for 2 election cycles.

Nobody is going to out-shit-talk Trump. He needs to be hit with logical/real arguments that go beyond pipeline dreams and promises.

36 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Dems REALLY needs to consider Tulsi Gabbard. She's pushing the anti-war and audit The Fed ticket, that speaks huge volumes to everyone in the center who road the Ron Paul train for 2 election cycles.

Nobody is going to out-shit-talk Trump. He needs to be hit with logical/real arguments that go beyond pipeline dreams and promises.

Agreeed, Shame that the internet shitlords keep giving her crap about her past that a) no longer applies and b) is demonstrably false and the whole Google thing that just happened where her accounts were suspended for the most important time after the debates and other fuckery is proof that she's got a huge mountain to climb, but she pretty much has my vote for the primaries

Honestly after all the posturing and pandering that is done, she seems to be one of the only ones with a level head and some decent ideas. Including you know.. stopping the regime change wars. 

• 1 month later...

yeah, I could only stomach so much Biden that I turned it off.  only so much "let me tell you something" from Biden and wagging fingers from Sanders I can take before I want to launch myself into the sun.. 

I thought the idea of Biden would be good, and then he started to talk, and that ended immediately.  

I think Warren and Sanders need to get on the offense when it comes to the fact that there will be an increase in taxes for everyone (not just the 1%) for Medicare for All.  They need to get better at explaining that a tax increase to support Medicareforall would replace a deductible or co-pay, and would replace the employer/employee contributions coming out of paychecks.  they need to stop ducking and weaving and going after the 1% and big oil and pharmacutical (honestly, I dont understand why bernie continues to go back at other industries) and just start explaining.  I just feel like everyone is just scared shitless to ever say that taxes will go up

4 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

yeah, I could only stomach so much Biden that I turned it off.  only so much "let me tell you something" from Biden and wagging fingers from Sanders I can take before I want to launch myself into the sun.. 

I thought the idea of Biden would be good, and then he started to talk, and that ended immediately.  

I think Warren and Sanders need to get on the offense when it comes to the fact that there will be an increase in taxes for everyone (not just the 1%) for Medicare for All.  They need to get better at explaining that a tax increase to support Medicareforall would replace a deductible or co-pay, and would replace the employer/employee contributions coming out of paychecks.  they need to stop ducking and weaving and going after the 1% and big oil and pharmacutical (honestly, I dont understand why bernie continues to go back at other industries) and just start explaining.  I just feel like everyone is just scared shitless to ever say that taxes will go up

They're scared because probably 98% of America is too dumb to understand that taxes going up a tiny bit, but you don't have to pay for healthcare is a win.

If you told someone their taxes would go up $100 a month but they wouldn't have to pay for healthcare most people would be too dumb to understand that's better than paying $300-500 a month for healthcare. 

So, I didn't see it on his website, but has he said how he plans to fund the $1,000/month for everyone? Is it just redistributed tax money?

Guy strikes me as a really optimistic dreamer, but I haven't really seen any kind of concrete plans from him. (I also haven't looked too far into it, honestly.)

He’s taxing any company that uses artificial intelligence, such as amazon using machines instead of people in warehouses, Walmart using no cashiers, fast food places using self check outs, automobile factories using robots. It’s all already happening and no one is noticing. But that is how he Ives back to humanity. Last I heard he said amazon pays 0 taxes on a lot of stuff

29 minutes ago, SwiftCat said:

He’s taxing any company that uses artificial intelligence, such as amazon using machines instead of people in warehouses, Walmart using no cashiers, fast food places using self check outs, automobile factories using robots. It’s all already happening and no one is noticing. But that is how he Ives back to humanity. Last I heard he said amazon pays 0 taxes on a lot of stuff

Amazon and other major cooperations pay less taxes than anyone who’s upper middle class or higher. If you make over $84,000 congrats you pay higher taxes than Amazon does, especially in part to the GOP “tax plan”

6 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Amazon and other major cooperations pay less taxes than anyone who’s upper middle class or higher. If you make over $84,000 congrats you pay higher taxes than Amazon does, especially in part to the GOP “tax plan”

Yang seems to know the math, hope he continues to gain momentum.

No reason companies that are rich should be getting off the hook on taxes.

I personally like most of the stuff I've heard from Yang.  Biden still doesn't look mentally sharp during the debates lol

• 2 months later...

There is no one that is really getting me excited, but Yang and Gabbard are towards the bottom on my list. Williamson firmly holds the bottom rung. Mostly, I'm just going to break out my pom poms when we finally have our candidate. I'm just refraining from tearing apart any of our potential candidates. Anyone, but that piece of shit who occupies the White House.

12 hours ago, SwiftCat said:

Yang is really trending right due to the MSNBC intentionally got giving him debate time and still leaving him off graphics.

They are also doing this to Tulsi Gabbard

Anyone have any thoughts 

This is pretty drastic to be unfair and this obvious about it

Same thing happened when Bernie placed first in a CNN poll but they wrote an article about how Butteguig is in a “strong 4th”

Edited by museummouth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...