PO NOW: Hatchie - 'Keepsake'

Email from Rough Trade (I ordered the GITD): 

“I'm reaching out to everyone who preordered the Hatchie, Keepsake LP to let you know in a delay in our shipment, as our distributor has informed us that they unfortunately have misplaced our copies.
They have assured us we will have our copies shortly, but at this time we do not have an exact date that we will have them in hand. I will make sure to keep everyone in the loop, and let you know exactly when we receive them.”

8 minutes ago, aldo said:

I also ordered the GITD version but got this: https://i.imgur.com/s41lVtZ.jpg which looks nothing like the "blue" advertised nor does it glow in the dark http://www.dbldblwhmmy.com/news/posts/10830-hatchie-without-a-blush-full-length-album-keepsake-out-6-21

I emailed them about it as well. I did get the keychain though.

Same here.  And also got the keychain

Hatchie re-posted someone's instagram story with the glow in the dark blue vinyl so someone got one. 

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who didn't get the right one. Less bummed I didn't get the keychain even though I ordered the vinyl the second it went on sale that morning. 

Mine looks a lot more like the milky clear vinyl in the pic here.

Edited by patreeeek

18 minutes ago, patreeeek said:

They said “The Glow in the Dark and Milky Clear look extremely similar in regular light, have you had a chance to expose your copy to light and then test it in the dark? The glow itself is a subtle blue, so it can be hard to see.”

Maybe not the best choices for variants of the same album, then?

19 minutes ago, patreeeek said:

Has anyone who received one tested the "expose your copy to light" suggestion?

I don't own any other glow in the dark records so I had no idea this was something that needed to be done. 

Like most things that glow in the dark it should just need to be exposed to some light. The more you expose it to the more glow it will have. I just had mine out in normal room light for a couple minutes when i ran home for lunch and then brought it into a dark closet and didn't see any glow. My kid's toys glow good enough that way. That along with the fact that it looks just like the other not-really-limited-variant made me think it wasn't gitd. But I will blast it with a high power flashlight or my wife's screenprinting lights for a minute when i get home and try again.

4 minutes ago, fish said:

Like most things that glow in the dark it should just need to be exposed to some light. The more you expose it to the more glow it will have. I just had mine out in normal room light for a couple minutes when i ran home for lunch and then brought it into a dark closet and didn't see any glow. My kid's toys glow good enough that way. That along with the fact that it looks just like the other not-really-limited-variant made me think it wasn't gitd. But I will blast it with a high power flashlight or my wife's screenprinting lights for a minute when i get home and try again.

Yeah, that's also much more work than it should be. 

After getting the response from DDW I held my record under a bright light for a good solid 30 seconds https://i.imgur.com/25A6KV2h.jpg and managed to get it to glow https://i.imgur.com/CWYnPX6h.jpg.

I'm familiar with other glow in the dark items and records but usually they are a bit stronger without having to "charge" it so much. 

Well, I guess I am not so upset about having to get the milky clear after all. Otherwise, I am waiting for the VMP variant. Apparently they took the listing down from their site because they accidentally shipped an unknown amount of their variants to retail shops (lol). When they figure out how many they actually have in their warehouse I guess they will relist theirs (supposedly).

9 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Well, I guess I am not so upset about having to get the milky clear after all. Otherwise, I am waiting for the VMP variant. Apparently they took the listing down from their site because they accidentally shipped an unknown amount of their variants to retail shops (lol). When they figure out how many they actually have in their warehouse I guess they will relist theirs (supposedly).

Just for fun you should see if your milky clear glows as well. 

34 minutes ago, aldo said:

After getting the response from DDW I held my record under a bright light for a good solid 30 seconds https://i.imgur.com/25A6KV2h.jpg and managed to get it to glow https://i.imgur.com/CWYnPX6h.jpg.

I'm familiar with other glow in the dark items and records but usually they are a bit stronger without having to "charge" it so much. 

Well I will say that it looks pretty cool.  

22 hours ago, Orange Grapes said:

Email from Rough Trade (I ordered the GITD): 

“I'm reaching out to everyone who preordered the Hatchie, Keepsake LP to let you know in a delay in our shipment, as our distributor has informed us that they unfortunately have misplaced our copies.
They have assured us we will have our copies shortly, but at this time we do not have an exact date that we will have them in hand. I will make sure to keep everyone in the loop, and let you know exactly when we receive them.”

You ordered the GITD from rough trade or you just did in general?

And 

Did anyone get the galaxy vinyl?  I emailed the label about seeing if I could grab a copy (missed out too late) and never heard from them.

But seems like no one got the galaxy vinyl from hashtags or here as well. 

I can confirm after placing the vinyl into a bright light for a few seconds and then heading into a dark room, it glows like the photo from Aldo above.

Apologies for the confusion that I started. I mean when it’s not glowing, it looks way too much like the milky clear mock-up on their website so it was very easy to confuse.