PO NOW: Hatchie - 'Keepsake'

2 hours ago, idioteque... said:

You ordered the GITD from rough trade or you just did in general?

And 

Did anyone get the galaxy vinyl?  I emailed the label about seeing if I could grab a copy (missed out too late) and never heard from them.

But seems like no one got the galaxy vinyl from hashtags or here as well. 

I actually forgot I ordered the GITD from DDW as well as the “electric blue” from Rough Trade. The GITD came today but it seems like it will be a minute for the RT variant. 

Hello everyone, Double Double Whammy here. We noticed a discussion and some confusion over some of the variants and wanted to address a few to hopefully help out! Made an account just for this :)

- We are aware that the Glow In The Dark does look very similar to the milky clear in the daylight, which has been the source of a lot of confusion (even for me when I first opened it!). 

- You do need to expose it to light for it to glow in the dark, similar to the way other GITD items work. This is certainly a novelty item as someone mentioned, and the first GITD record we've made - it does seem like the "technology" has some kinks to work out, but I do think it's cool none the less! Here's a photo someone tweeted of it glowing. 

- Similarly we've heard people saying they ordered the Galaxy variant and received black vinyl. I promise, there is not a black variant of this record at this time, hold the vinyl to the light and see the "galaxy" effect! Two galaxy examples showing the difference in the light. 

- Someone asked why would we do GITD and Milky Clear since they look so similar in the light -- we allow our artists to pick any variants they want, and since this was our first GITD record, we didn't have the foresight to realize they look so similar. Our mailorder team is very good at separating and sending the correct variants though. And now we know for the future!

Thanks hope this helps! Enjoy the album!

2 hours ago, Double Double Whammy said:

Hello everyone, Double Double Whammy here. We noticed a discussion and some confusion over some of the variants and wanted to address a few to hopefully help out! Made an account just for this :)

- We are aware that the Glow In The Dark does look very similar to the milky clear in the daylight, which has been the source of a lot of confusion (even for me when I first opened it!). 

- You do need to expose it to light for it to glow in the dark, similar to the way other GITD items work. This is certainly a novelty item as someone mentioned, and the first GITD record we've made - it does seem like the "technology" has some kinks to work out, but I do think it's cool none the less! Here's a photo someone tweeted of it glowing. 

- Similarly we've heard people saying they ordered the Galaxy variant and received black vinyl. I promise, there is not a black variant of this record at this time, hold the vinyl to the light and see the "galaxy" effect! Two galaxy examples showing the difference in the light. 

- Someone asked why would we do GITD and Milky Clear since they look so similar in the light -- we allow our artists to pick any variants they want, and since this was our first GITD record, we didn't have the foresight to realize they look so similar. Our mailorder team is very good at separating and sending the correct variants though. And now we know for the future!

Is there any way to get the galaxy vinyl still? As in cancellations or leftover copies? Missed out and really want to grab it.  

5 hours ago, idioteque... said:

Is there any way to get the galaxy vinyl still? As in cancellations or leftover copies? Missed out and really want to grab it.  

Unfortunately they're sold out, but the band will have a limited amount of the Galaxy variant on their US tour in September. Not sure how quickly they'll sell out of those. We'll be doing a deep dive into our inventory later in the year- if anything shows up, is returned, etc. we'll post about it. Maybe something will be listed on discogs soon, I see a bunch of GITD and Clear listed right now. Sorry to not be more help here!

1 hour ago, Double Double Whammy said:

Unfortunately they're sold out, but the band will have a limited amount of the Galaxy variant on their US tour in September. Not sure how quickly they'll sell out of those. We'll be doing a deep dive into our inventory later in the year- if anything shows up, is returned, etc. we'll post about it. Maybe something will be listed on discogs soon, I see a bunch of GITD and Clear listed right now. Sorry to not be more help here!

I see, a deep dive would probably be closer to Christmas I am assuming? And is there a way to tell which one is the galaxy vinyl in person? I saw pictures saying color vinyl for both clear, GTID, and galaxy so not sure if barcode is different.  I know she has a rough trade show coming up here and they also have an exclusive 

14 hours ago, Double Double Whammy said:

Thanks for this! I was impressed with the fast response from your team via email.

I think the thing that also added to my confusion was just a sticker that said “color vinyl” and didn’t indicate which one it was. 

I’m just glad I didn’t have to go through with a return. The record glows and sounds great! 

Hi everyone. I'm new to this board.

I received the milky clear copy today.

No, to answer anybody's questions, I did not accidentally receive the glow version.

Because I pre-ordered, I do also have an autographed CD-sized card, a keychain, a button and, to my surprise, a copy of the Suger + Spice magazine/booklet.

I say surprise, because that was not in the description when I made my pre-order purchase.

10 hours ago, idioteque... said:

I see, a deep dive would probably be closer to Christmas I am assuming? And is there a way to tell which one is the galaxy vinyl in person? I saw pictures saying color vinyl for both clear, GTID, and galaxy so not sure if barcode is different.  I know she has a rough trade show coming up here and they also have an exclusive 

Yes, you're correct that we'll likely do inventory closer to the end of the year (before our Black Friday Sale). 

LP Barcode is the same on all US variants! We typically change our barcode based on format, not variant at DDW.

The Rough Trade NY show is the band's first show on that US tour, so it's most likely that they will have Galaxy in stock at that show. 

I believe Rough Trade sold out of their exclusive (limited to 100) variant in preorder, so anything they have in-store would most likely be the normal retail Milky Clear variant. The RT + VMP exclusives are handled through our distributor and not DDW directly, so just to be clear - any delays are on ADA's side, and not ours. Hope this is helpful for y'all!

2 hours ago, Double Double Whammy said:

Yes, you're correct that we'll likely do inventory closer to the end of the year (before our Black Friday Sale). 

LP Barcode is the same on all US variants! We typically change our barcode based on format, not variant at DDW.

The Rough Trade NY show is the band's first show on that US tour, so it's most likely that they will have Galaxy in stock at that show. 

I believe Rough Trade sold out of their exclusive (limited to 100) variant in preorder, so anything they have in-store would most likely be the normal retail Milky Clear variant. The RT + VMP exclusives are handled through our distributor and not DDW directly, so just to be clear - any delays are on ADA's side, and not ours. Hope this is helpful for y'all!

How would one tell the difference when trying to buy in person? I know no one is going to want to open it and check

On 6/25/2019 at 3:41 PM, tetsuodaironman said:

Well, I guess I am not so upset about having to get the milky clear after all. Otherwise, I am waiting for the VMP variant. Apparently they took the listing down from their site because they accidentally shipped an unknown amount of their variants to retail shops (lol). When they figure out how many they actually have in their warehouse I guess they will relist theirs (supposedly).

First of all, this album is amazing and have been listening to it digitally all week while on vacation. Got home today and opened my two copies.

In reference to the quote above, I ordered what I expected to be the milky white from Amazon and got the VMP coke bottle clear variant #275/300. I haven't opened it yet, but that is a nice surprise. And I agree hilarious that they accidentally shipped these to Amazon.

Finally, I ordered the Glow in the Dark variant from Double Double Whammy, and initially, it does not look GITD. I thought it was the milky white until I caught up on this thread. But I am "charging" it right now and will see what it looks like after dark tonight.

13 minutes ago, Alan P said:

First of all, this album is amazing and have been listening to it digitally all week while on vacation. Got home today and opened my two copies.

In reference to the quote above, I ordered what I expected to be the milky white from Amazon and got the VMP coke bottle clear variant #275/300. I haven't opened it yet, but that is a nice surprise. And I agree hilarious that they accidentally shipped these to Amazon.

Finally, I ordered the Glow in the Dark variant from Double Double Whammy, and initially, it does not look GITD. I thought it was the milky white until I caught up on this thread. But I am "charging" it right now and will see what it looks like after dark tonight.

My man, would you sell one of these? Great album btw. Fuck Pitchfork for giving it a 6.5.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:37 PM, Alan P said:

I might sell the VMP version eventually.

After a lot of charging, and taking photos with an SLR rather than my phone, here is the glowing (photos on my Instagram):

Hey, thanks! But I ordered one off of Amazon for $16 and it ended up being the VMP variant too. lol