PO: Garth Brooks - 7xLP Legacy Vinyl Boxset

Guys, read the listing.

Only during the “pre-orders” you get to pick your own “personal” numbered box.

Pre-orders are done, but I think these will be available with “random” numbers, or NO number, closer to November.

At least that is how I read it. ;)

Edited by Plarocks

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

Looks like this will be going back up again tonight around 10est/7pst. It will be $130ppd this time. Good luck, y'all!

https://garthbrooks.com/vinyl

Why is this thing being sold this way? Seems so annoying... I’m sure he’ll sell all 100,000+ Box sets... but this isn’t exactly limited.

It’s live. Came out to $134.14. I believe shipping is free... Not 100% on that though. They said the hope to have this live all night tonight.

Pretty insane for 3 Box sets with 7LPs and CDs... I honestly don’t even understand what I’m getting. So 1 Analog pressing, 1 Digital Source Remastered pressing, and another Digital Remaster box, but with B-Sides CDs as a bonus?

Yep, I ordered this one too. It's intriguing being on that site and hearing a bunch of diehard Garth fans talk about not having record players but still wanting these sets like BAD. Honestly, it's pretty cool to take a look into another musical subculture that's so far removed from this one and observe what happens within it. Plus, for 130+ shipped and not being charged until October AND getting to pick a 6 digit number that will be pressed into it is a really good value. These albums are definitely classics and I'm pretty excited to finally own these on vinyl. 

1 hour ago, natenomm said:

Ended up caving and buying this. 21 slabs of Garth for $130 is pretty outrageous, and I figured I could sell 1 or 2 of the boxes to help soften the blow. 

Yeah, I’m not sure how they’re making money... unless these things are the cheapest PoS we’ve ever seen... LOL. I really only want the Analog set...

1 hour ago, DawgPound1946 said:

Yeah, I’m not sure how they’re making money... unless these things are the cheapest PoS we’ve ever seen... LOL. I really only want the Analog set...

This is what I am thinking. It's either going to be garbage or they're hoping to create some buzz then jack up the price later?

With the quantities they are going to produce they could be getting some pretty big discounts.

He might only make a couple bucks a record but at half a million 100,000+ (?) orders that adds up real quick.

Then again his stuff isn't even on Spotify so he obviously doesn't care about the money.

Edited by IanRees

19 minutes ago, IanRees said:

With the quantities they are going to produce they could be getting some pretty big discounts.

He might only make a couple bucks a record but at half a million 100,000+ (?) orders that adds up real quick.

Then again his stuff isn't even on Spotify so he obviously doesn't care about the money.

Yeah, I feel like Garth may be taking a page from the Italians Do It Better book. 

7 hours ago, Dunc said:

This is what I am thinking. It's either going to be garbage or they're hoping to create some buzz then jack up the price later?

I just watched a video of him talking about this thing. He said both Analog and Digital box sets will have an MSRP of $49.99 each; and the Limited Edition has Analog Vinyl and Digital Mastering for CDs which will be $74.99 MSRP.  All 3 sets will be available at retail.

Update:

Analog Box: 7LP & 7CD - All in original unaltered analog mastering.

Digital Remixed Remastered: 7LP & 7CD - All the remixed remastered version.

Limited Edition: 7LP original analog pressing, 7CD remixed remastered version, and this includes 'bonus tracks.' He didn't specify if the vinyl would have those bonus tracks or not...

Edited by DawgPound1946

33 minutes ago, DawgPound1946 said:

He said both Analog and Digital box sets will have an MSRP of $49.99 each

I absolutely do not understand how this is possible. $50 for 7 lps. There are 2lp single album releases for that. Fucking crazy. Garth is fucking awesome. 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:29 PM, Satan said:

Alright, so heres my logic on this

THIS SHOULD EASILY BE $400. 

So, What I THINK is that Garth and Trisha have 100% sole rights to his music. Hes not tied to any label and hes putting this out himself for his fans and is making it accessible to literally anyone who wants it.

Let's face it, I dont think he NEEDS any money...

Hes not making a profit and it takes ... let's say $90 to actually produce/manufacture and $10 to ship. 

That's the only way this makes sense to me

To everyone questioning... go back to page 1.

3 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Garth is gonna clog up the pressing plants with these box sets worse than RSD. Ha ah aha ha. 

Holy shit you're right, lol! This makes me wonder what pressing plant/plants will be used for such an order. Also this has to have been planned out so that he could get an order this size out in less than a year

5 hours ago, DawgPound1946 said:

I just watched a video of him talking about this thing. He said both Analog and Digital box sets will have an MSRP of $49.99 each; and the Limited Edition has Analog Vinyl and Digital Mastering for CDs which will be $74.99 MSRP.  All 3 sets will be available at retail.

Update:

Analog Box: 7LP & 7CD - All in original unaltered analog mastering.

Digital Remixed Remastered: 7LP & 7CD - All the remixed remastered version.

Limited Edition: 7LP original analog pressing, 7CD remixed remastered version, and this includes 'bonus tracks.' He didn't specify if the vinyl would have those bonus tracks or not...

He said the limited edition set is just analog on 180 gram.