PO: Garth Brooks - 7xLP Legacy Vinyl Boxset

• 1 month later...

I play Words With Friends and there was some contest giving these away in December. I entered and didn't think anything of it. Then randomly a box shows up yesterday and looks like a record box set. I don't think too  much into because I figured it had to be something else (I hadn't ordered any records recently). When I open it up, boom, #'d edition of this. Pretty cool.

Edited by somethingvinyl

6 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I play Words With Friends and there was some contest giving these away in December. I entered and didn't think anything of it. Then randomly a box shows up yesterday and looks like a record box set. I don't think too  much into because I figured it had to be something else (I hadn't ordered any records recently). When I open it up, boom, #'d edition of this. Pretty cool.

Garth Brooks can make vinyl so affordable it's free.

• 5 months later...
55 minutes ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

I offered the CDs to my dad, but he declined. Dude, what number did you get!?! I got like 527843062 or something like that.

I have no idea (at the hospital rn, so no way to check), but it's was something absolutely bonkers high. Which, I guess helps explain how he was able retail these for nothing.

34 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I have no idea (at the hospital rn, so no way to check), but it's was something absolutely bonkers high. Which, I guess helps explain how he was able retail these for nothing.

Don't waste your time; I was just joking. I have no idea what number I have because I think it has six digits, ha.

I don't keep box set records in the box if they have actual sleeves. All of my box set boxes are in a closet because I listen to the records more when I don't have to take the extra step to open a box. 

15 hours ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

Don't waste your time; I was just joking. I have no idea what number I have because I think it has six digits, ha.

I don't keep box set records in the box if they have actual sleeves. All of my box set boxes are in a closet because I listen to the records more when I don't have to take the extra step to open a box. 

Not going to lie I've thought about doing that to bright eyes box set i have. 

Edited by lostcrimes

28 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I just throw everything away and stack the records on top of each other in a big stack.  No sleeves or nothing.  Similar to what people did back in the day with 45's.  I'm beginning to think you're not supposed to do that.  Jeez.  What was I thinking?

This seems like a bad idea to me, but they are your records so stack away. Get it, girl!

Personally, I have an extra Expedit in the closet for the empty boxes and records I don't listen to very often but can't bring myself to sell. 

Edited by Scruffy...the janitor

• 4 months later...

For anyone still interested in these sets, they are insanely cheap on Amazon right now! 

I finally scooped up the Limited Edition set for $43.97 because why the heck not?!?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=garth+brooks+vinyl+records&crid=3A6EOC1QMT31C&sprefix=garth+brooks+V%2Caps%2C197&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-a-p_1_14