PO Now: The National - I Am Easy To Find

These are up for order online [grabbed one from Sister Ray, they only had 10 copies in stock so doubt many of these are out there]

RESIDENT / ROUGH TRADE / NORMAN / DRIFT

On 4/25/2019 at 4:38 PM, duckydan said:

Thanks.

I've never really understood the point of releasing a single where both sides are album cuts...

Me neither, but the hobby has a tendency on occasion to somehow make me buy stuff I really don't need. 

Edited by strangers

17 hours ago, simple_torture said:

According to Discogs, the version of Hairpin Turns on the single is different from the album version. Not sure if it lists that on the sleeve, mine hasn't arrived yet. 

The hype sticker on the record says "from the forthcoming album" and rough trade says "comes backed with another album cut". I think this was just wishful thinking on the part of some discogs user.

6 minutes ago, duckydan said:

The hype sticker on the record says "from the forthcoming album" and rough trade says "comes backed with another album cut". I think this was just wishful thinking on the part of some discogs user.

TBF, the hype sticker doesn't mention Hairpin Turns. But unless the label or back cover lists it as an alternate version, I dunno where that user is getting the info.

39 minutes ago, duckydan said:

now that it's officially released as as single we can confirm hairpin turns is the album cut. i still don't regret owning this but do i miss the pre-TWFM days when the band had often great b-sides: sin-eaters, you were a kindness, blank slate, warm singing whores, etc.

you were a kindness is one of my favorite songs from them. i bought the 7” just for it

7 hours ago, achillesstand7 said:

Does anyone know if all of their recent/upcoming shows are a similar setup with the Q&A and short film and everything? I’m wondering about their show in Philadelphia next week. It doesn’t list any support acts, so I’m hoping it’s that type of show. 

nope

they were "special engagements" only in LA, NY, Toronto, Tokyo, London and Paris and were billed as "A Special Night with The National". all other shows i think are regular shows.