PO: The Get Up Kids - Problems

On 5/13/2019 at 7:00 PM, Dougie Jones said:

This album fucking slurps hard. That's what the kids are saying nowadays, right? 

I preordered based off Satellite and do not dig anything else on the album. I only listened to the download so if anyone wants an unplayed early bird version for 5 bucks less than Polyvinyl has them hit me up.

It’s crazy how divisive this one is.  I feel like there’s 1 real dragger on the record (Symphony of Silence), but everything else is solid if not great.

The production is in line with Kicker, There Are Rules, and even some of Guilt Show.  Yeah, it’s a little blown out, but it’s obviously intentional and, personally, doesn’t detract from listening.  I’ve been jamming this one daily.

Finally got a chance to spin this and yeah the production is.....bad, to say the least, but the songs are good! My dine alone is mostly blue with not much red/pink but it still looks pretty good, not really at all like the mock up though which is fine. All in all it's nice to see some good get up kids in 2019.