PO: The Get Up Kids - Problems

Shit seems to be about to hit the fan but does anyone else feel like that instagram page feels like that annoying kid growing up being like "you're in trouble. You're in trouble." or "I know something that you don't know...".

This shit is serious and should be handled that way. The band did it perfectly, one sentence with the comments turned off. Until the article comes out, either add facts or shush up. Tell everyone what a fucking scum bag he is, tell the world your story, but don't just sit there and tell us you have a juicy secret that you won't tell. 

6 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

don't just sit there and tell us you have a juicy secret that you won't tell. 

Professionalism is so important and a lawyer can rip them apart for how they're running the page. They said in one post when they hit x-number of likes they would post some proof which blew my mind. Victims and their claims should always be taken seriously and this IG page makes it very hard to take them seriously from a legal perspective.

2 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

Shit seems to be about to hit the fan but does anyone else feel like that instagram page feels like that annoying kid growing up being like "you're in trouble. You're in trouble." or "I know something that you don't know...".

This shit is serious and should be handled that way. The band did it perfectly, one sentence with the comments turned off. Until the article comes out, either add facts or shush up. Tell everyone what a fucking scum bag he is, tell the world your story, but don't just sit there and tell us you have a juicy secret that you won't tell. 

I'm with you

I honestly hope James is okay. His problems with addiction are pretty well known and i hope he gets help if he needs it.

And that Instagram account is pretty hard to take seriously. Feels like the person behind it is just as troubled as he is. I take allegations seriously but if this is a person who was sexually assaulted or abused they need to go to the police. If he was just being a manipulative, shitty person then make a well worded statement. Seems like this is all just a power trip/ grasp for attention, its really tacky and downright trashy.

I'm sure if it hits the fan, he will be "cancelled" and everyone on Twitter and chorus.fm will get all up on their high horse and throw away their RATFE shit, but I hope its really not that bad and he gets help. Hes a good dude, but drug and mental health issues definitely change you.

3 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

I honestly hope James is okay. His problems with addiction are pretty well known and i hope he gets help if he needs it.

And that Instagram account is pretty hard to take seriously. Feels like the person behind it is just as troubled as he is. I take allegations seriously but if this is a person who was sexually assaulted or abused they need to go to the police. If he was just being a manipulative, shitty person then make a well worded statement. Seems like this is all just a power trip/ grasp for attention, its really tacky and downright trashy.

I'm sure if it hits the fan, he will be "cancelled" and everyone on Twitter and chorus.fm will get all up on their high horse and throw away their RATFE shit, but I hope its really not that bad and he gets help. Hes a good dude, but drug and mental health issues definitely change you.

Not to mention you'd have a case that the owner of that Instagram account is committing extortion with those threats. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Now with the MCR re-uniting, wonder if James is back with them and possibly played a part of his split with TGUK. 

This was the original speculation that I saw when he got kicked out or whatever. The Washed Up Emo guy was tweeting about it. I'm not dismissing the other stuff, just saying that I think this played a role in his departure.

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, scottheisel said:

It’s still bizarre to me that they never really addressed kicking James out and he hasn’t really been heard from since. Hope he’s okay. 

No idea what has become of him, but they did post about him not being in the band anymore

The Get Up Kids - Posts | Facebook

A friend wants me to come out to this in a couple weeks. 

I don't think this is an officially sanctioned "emo night" - can confirm that it's an afterparty for the Taking Back Sunday show taking place in the entertainment district earlier that night. I can't recall the last time I've seen him on stage in town(in this or any capacity). a friend who knows him pretty well said he's doing ok and a bit of a recluse these days.

362297641_782993547160458_19637747995949