PO: BARONESS - All Sales Are Final!

All eras of Baroness are at the very least good imo. First and Second were solid back in the day and Red and Blue were great, classics even. Yellow and Green were definitely a different side but still even with the emotional bent and less aggressive tendencies those songs hold up. Purple was a good step but for me the one that had the least staying power. Gold and Grey will probably just sound like.... Baroness, and that’s a good thing.

At the very least we’re gonna get an album of solid Baroness jams that likely mixes all eras of the band with killer artwork from Baizely. Thumbs up for that.

Jumping in here with my dumbass hot take.

IMHO Purple had the most emotion behind it coming off the accident. It really hit hard for me because they were updating us so infrequently and we honestly didn't know if they would eve play again at all. So when they randomly dropped "Chlorine and Wine" on us, I was just ecstatic. 

On 3/9/2019 at 1:31 PM, thetrackt said:

All eras of Baroness are at the very least good imo. First and Second were solid back in the day and Red and Blue were great, classics even. Yellow and Green were definitely a different side but still even with the emotional bent and less aggressive tendencies those songs hold up. Purple was a good step but for me the one that had the least staying power. Gold and Grey will probably just sound like.... Baroness, and that’s a good thing.

At the very least we’re gonna get an album of solid Baroness jams that likely mixes all eras of the band with killer artwork from Baizely. Thumbs up for that.

In total agreement here.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:31 PM, thetrackt said:

I love every single release of theirs and I'm pretty much sure I'll love what they will come up with next. 

Red > Blue > Yellow & Green > Purple > First & Second > Split w/ Unpersons

"Here is the full cover painting for our new album, Gold & Grey. This is just the first piece of a much larger puzzle. Like the forthcoming album itself, it is the result of an intense, tireless, and psychotically convoluted creative process. Both artistically and musically, Baroness have always taken a no compromise approach towards our releases, and I can’t express strongly enough how excited we are to be so close to the verge of our newest release. This painting was born from a deeply personal reflection on the past 12 years of this band’s history, and will stand as the 6th and final piece in our chromatically-themed records. It has been an absolutely wild ride, a truth much stranger than fiction, with nearly as many low points as there have been highs, but throughout all, this band has offered me an inspired place to express myself and find some level of comfort through our visual and sonic output. I hope you all enjoy this album cover (sorry it’s not called Orange). Don’t look too closely, you might just see all the hidden elements. We want to thank everyone for your heartfelt support over the years, it means the world to us. We also appreciate your continued patience. Gold & Grey will be out soon, and then the real fun begins. I assure you, we have no plans to slow down anytime soon.

’Til the wheels fall off – – – Roy G. Biv "

From John B ^^

god I want that framed for the house

Edited by roadmonkey