PO: BARONESS - All Sales Are Final!

On 4/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, Derek™ said:

When I was younger and a lot more naive, I thought production was a really dumb thing for elitists and contrarians to complain about.  "If the songwriting is exemplary, who gives a shit how it's mixed?"  And now that I'm older, that exact mentality is the worst case scenario.  Nothing is worse than wanting to enjoy and blare an album that's poorly produced, because no amount of expensive audio gear is going to fix it.  And to think it's sometimes a conscious decision by people whose sole income and responsibility hinges on their production choices?  Oof.  The ultimate case of you had one job...

So then maybe you should become a producer...:rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, OU818 said:

This thread is why I don’t tell anybody at work what bands I listen to

I’ve thought about this post a fair bit and I still don’t really get it.  What’s wrong with this thread again?  Differing opinions sparking discussion?  (Discussion is not the same as debate, in case anyone is unclear.)  I feel like too many people still haven’t figured out the ebb and flow to threads at VC.  Or they rely on them to pertain strictly to pre-order information and nothing else.  To me, that’s boring as hell.  To those individuals I would suggest Reddit as something a bit more streamlined and pertinent.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve thought about this post a fair bit and I still don’t really get it.  What’s wrong with this thread again?  Differing opinions sparking discussion?  (Discussion is not the same as debate, in case anyone is unclear.)  I feel like too many people still haven’t figured out the ebb and flow to threads at VC.  Or they rely on them to pertain strictly to pre-order information and nothing else.  To me, that’s boring as hell.  To those individuals I would suggest Reddit as something a bit more streamlined and pertinent.

I still remember a time in the not-so-distant past where I was poking fun at two guys actually arguing via some thread that I am sure everyone has long since forgotten and I got banned for a month. In that interim, I made music, tended to my garden, read a few books and actually lived my life. I did, however, miss being a troll, if just for a little bit, on the boards. It's crazy how some people can't read between the lines most of the time which shows how often we overestimate human intelligence.