PO: BARONESS - All Sales Are Final!

I know it's hip to hate on Baroness now, but I genuinely like the music on this album. I think it's a big progression from Purple. It's much more Yellow/Green in scope and direction (which I love). The production however is far worse than Purple, so it's heartbreaking to listen to. It just boggles my mind that someone could listen to this and say "yep" on the quality.

3 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

I know it's hip to hate on Baroness now, but I genuinely like the music on this album. I think it's a big progression from Purple. It's much more Yellow/Green in scope and direction (which I love). The production however is far worse than Purple, so it's heartbreaking to listen to. It just boggles my mind that someone could listen to this and say "yep" on the quality.

I actually preferred purple to green/yellow, so maybe that's where we differ. They're all miles from blue/red and first/second though.

Edit: I need to listen to green/yellow again. Can't actually even recall a single song off it.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

46 minutes ago, OU818 said:

Does anybody have a physical copy yet? I remember Purple actually had a slightly better sound on LP so I’m hopeful this one might too

I actually did a listen through of my copy yesterday and I wanted to say something about how much better I think the production sounds when listened to on vinyl... but I'm no professional or nothin', so I didn't.

But now I am taking a stance. So, for what it's worth... I think it sounds way better. And the songwriting is ace, regardless. Will be catching these fools next time they come through, for sure.

4 hours ago, jonnywreck said:

I actually did a listen through of my copy yesterday and I wanted to say something about how much better I think the production sounds when listened to on vinyl... but I'm no professional or nothin', so I didn't.

But now I am taking a stance. So, for what it's worth... I think it sounds way better. And the songwriting is ace, regardless. Will be catching these fools next time they come through, for sure.

Nice! That's pretty much what I was expecting. Honestly in the 4 years (ouch) since Purple, I've just grown used to the production issues and I still enjoy that record a lot. I'm glad they didn't retread it. Cold Blooded Angels is top notch.

I saw them last night in Brooklyn and they sounded amazing, such a tight band and their guitar tone is so damn good. Everyone who bought a ticket got an exclusive press of the album (kind of a translucent smokey yellow color) and it wasn't sold out so I imagine they (Rough Trade) will put some of the extra copies up at some point. I figured some of you who aren't turned off by the production might be interested in that. 

I was also able to get my original press of the First EP signed by John after the show which made my weekend.  

OK so I got the clear splatter in today and gave it a spin.  The artwork for this thing is just gorgeous, and the records themselves are beautiful as well.  As for the music...it's fucking great.  I already like it more than either Purple or Y&G.  The production is perfectly fine after listening to it in full IMO.  Speaking of which I love the cheeky little phrases on the labels themselves e.g. 'frequency overload' & 'brickwall sounds' :D.

18 minutes ago, rickker said:

Hmmm...

Ordered:   Q7LPAH02    Gold & Grey 180g Black Vinyl - Limited To 1000 Units

Received:   Q7LPAH01   Gold & Grey 140g Black Vinyl

Waiting on the response from Musictoday.

Damn, shit's so compressed 180g only needs 140g.

Also, good luck getting it sorted out!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 3:15 PM, Metal Mike said:

Damn, shit's so compressed 180g only needs 140g.

Also, good luck getting it sorted out!

So they just refunded the shipping charge. Guess pre-ordering a limited was pointless! I'll be very wary of future Music Today purchases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...