Jump to content
Group Buy Guy

PO: BARONESS - All Sales Are Final!

Recommended Posts

I crunched the numbers; butt rock at 96 kbps comes out to about 48 kbps per cheek.

 

I did not listen to the album yet but probably should if I intend to keep ribbing the band.  I bet the stream’s comments are riddled with complaints on social media, if I had to guess.  Should be a good read for later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could use a few more solid hooks a la Yellow & Green, but overall I liked it. Very positive music which is probably why people will constantly bitch about them on the internet as they've been doing since 2012. 

 

That said, the production is a travesty and really kicks the whole thing down a notch. Shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I crunched the numbers; butt rock at 96 kbps comes out to about 48 kbps per cheek.

 

 

  Hide contents

I did not listen to the album yet but probably should if I intend to keep ribbing the band.  I bet the stream’s comments are riddled with complaints on social media, if I had to guess.  Should be a good read for later on.

 

I made it through 3 songs of the stream before I just gave up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's hip to hate on Baroness now, but I genuinely like the music on this album. I think it's a big progression from Purple. It's much more Yellow/Green in scope and direction (which I love). The production however is far worse than Purple, so it's heartbreaking to listen to. It just boggles my mind that someone could listen to this and say "yep" on the quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

I know it's hip to hate on Baroness now, but I genuinely like the music on this album. I think it's a big progression from Purple. It's much more Yellow/Green in scope and direction (which I love). The production however is far worse than Purple, so it's heartbreaking to listen to. It just boggles my mind that someone could listen to this and say "yep" on the quality.

I actually preferred purple to green/yellow, so maybe that's where we differ. They're all miles from blue/red and first/second though.

 

Edit: I need to listen to green/yellow again. Can't actually even recall a single song off it.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, OU818 said:

Does anybody have a physical copy yet? I remember Purple actually had a slightly better sound on LP so I’m hopeful this one might too

I actually did a listen through of my copy yesterday and I wanted to say something about how much better I think the production sounds when listened to on vinyl... but I'm no professional or nothin', so I didn't.

But now I am taking a stance. So, for what it's worth... I think it sounds way better. And the songwriting is ace, regardless. Will be catching these fools next time they come through, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jonnywreck said:

I actually did a listen through of my copy yesterday and I wanted to say something about how much better I think the production sounds when listened to on vinyl... but I'm no professional or nothin', so I didn't.

But now I am taking a stance. So, for what it's worth... I think it sounds way better. And the songwriting is ace, regardless. Will be catching these fools next time they come through, for sure.

Nice! That's pretty much what I was expecting. Honestly in the 4 years (ouch) since Purple, I've just grown used to the production issues and I still enjoy that record a lot. I'm glad they didn't retread it. Cold Blooded Angels is top notch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw them last night in Brooklyn and they sounded amazing, such a tight band and their guitar tone is so damn good. Everyone who bought a ticket got an exclusive press of the album (kind of a translucent smokey yellow color) and it wasn't sold out so I imagine they (Rough Trade) will put some of the extra copies up at some point. I figured some of you who aren't turned off by the production might be interested in that. 

 

I was also able to get my original press of the First EP signed by John after the show which made my weekend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so I got the clear splatter in today and gave it a spin.  The artwork for this thing is just gorgeous, and the records themselves are beautiful as well.  As for the music...it's fucking great.  I already like it more than either Purple or Y&G.  The production is perfectly fine after listening to it in full IMO.  Speaking of which I love the cheeky little phrases on the labels themselves e.g. 'frequency overload' & 'brickwall sounds' :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×