PO: BARONESS - All Sales Are Final!

3 minutes ago, IanRees said:

I wasn't into Baroness before Y&G so I guess that makes sense. Personally I'm not a huge fan of their earlier albums.

Yeah that would probably explain it.  Not to sound like a “true fan” elitist but Red and Blue are classics to me, and Y&G just feel like poppier, neutered versions of them.  Purple was a step in the right direction albeit with some glaring production issues.

I felt like Y&G failed with fans cause they wanted to evolve. It wasn't my favorite record, but really I felt it would have done better not as a double album. Purple was a natural progression of everything that they had put out to that point, which blended the good stuff from Y&G and their previous albums. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a further progression in that trajectory. I'm excited to see what the record brings, but I can't base that on this clip alone. 

Just now, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Was really excited coming into this thread, but why would they upload like 8 seconds of a song as a teaser. Frustrating. From just that clip the vocals seem too far forward for my taste.

Agreed.  I think announcing the colors was the “big reveal” and point of that teaser.  Reserving judgement but the vocals seemed way too Y&G-esque.  Production and instrumentation sound super radio friendly - which is understandable given that it’s, you know, a single and all - so... I don’t know.  Reserving judgement until I can hear the full single but not really foaming at the mouth for this thing quite yet.

I think Y&G is great now. I originally thought it was a bit long winded at the time but didn't mind the more melodic direction.

But over the years i've really gotten into it more and more. Most of my favourite albums that i keep returning to are the ones that take a while to completely click.

Purple was great, bar the production, so have high hopes for this

Everyone shares, so I add my two cents. I loved everything Baroness put out, I even like Y&G after some time. But, having several attempts, I cannot get through last record. Is it production or what? Some albums are crap in terms of production, but you still can enjoy them, but "Purple"? Ehh.. something is definitely "not yes" there. And, where the hell is Pete Adams?? Is Baizley alone, looking at the old band?

For the trailer,  even worse than "Purple" in everything, nothing works there. I know, just a trailer..

26 minutes ago, seku said:

Everyone shares, so I add my two cents. I loved everything Baroness put out, I even like Y&G after some time. But, having several attempts, I cannot get through last record. Is it production or what? Some albums are crap in terms of production, but you still can enjoy them, but "Purple"? Ehh.. something is definitely "not yes" there. And, where the hell is Pete Adams?? Is Baizley alone, looking at the old band?

For the trailer,  even worse than "Purple" in everything, nothing works there. I know, just a trailer..

Pete quit music from memory a while back. Don't think he was an original member though? Gina is an absolute gun though.