PO: GHOSTEMANE - N / O / I / S / E

1 hour ago, Rip said:

Yeah honestly, after I thought about it, I got one haha.  Did the “payment plan” option though so that helps.

Yeah this is one of those where you gotta just pull the trigger on, that payment plan is clutch especially since it looks like it won't come until December anyway. Limited to 500.

Edited by pizza face

35 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Where’d the /500 come from?  I don’t see pressing info on the page or Instagram post.

On the most recent post by ghostemane on Instagram he replied to someone saying limited to 500. Not sure what he is referring to but I'm guessing the boxset. 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Rip said:

Shipping for the box set!  Can’t wait to see this thing.

Same, my expectations are high especially since they delayed it. Glad I was able to get one before it sold out because like everything else it's going to be worth a lot more 

Edited by pizza face

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm curious if many of Ghostmane's fans grew up with, or have just listened to much Bone Thugs~N~Harmony.  A gal I used to see introduced me to this guy, Puya and those cats.  My initial instinct was that it sounded cool, but I didn't like it because he sounded like a carbon copy of Bone, specifically Flesh-N-Bone.  But I think about it, and I can't hate.  It's like the South Park episode "Simpsons Did It", and it's not like bands and artists throughout the history of time weren't influenced by cats they grew up with.  There was an element to 80's & 90's rap that said you need your own style & were hated on if you sounded like another rapper, or were a biter as they would call it, biting off another rapper's style.  But hey.  Where would Snoop Doggy Dogg & Dr Dre be without George Clinton, right?  But anyways, I was just curious if most of his fans hear or notice the BTNH influence in his vocals.  And if you guys aren't familiar, you should check them out and some of Flesh-N-Bone's solo work if you like Ghostmane.  All really good stuff!

Edited by verb1999

8 hours ago, verb1999 said:

I'm curious if many of Ghostmane's fans grew up with, or have just listened to much Bone Thugs~N~Harmony.  A gal I used to see introduced me to this guy, Puya and those cats.  My initial instinct was that it sounded cool, but I didn't like it because he sounded like a carbon copy of Bone, specifically Flesh-N-Bone.  But I think about it, and I can't hate.  It's like the South Park episode "Simpsons Did It", and it's not like bands and artists throughout the history of time weren't influenced by cats they grew up with.  There was an element to 80's & 90's rap that said you need your own style & were hated on if you sounded like another rapper, or were a biter as they would call it, biting off another rapper's style.  But hey.  Where would Snoop Doggy Dogg & Dr Dre be without George Clinton, right?  But anyways, I was just curious if most of his fans hear or notice the BTNH influence in his vocals.  And if you guys aren't familiar, you should check them out and some of Flesh-N-Bone's solo work if you like Ghostmane.  All really good stuff!

I mean, $uicideboy$ also sound EXACTLY like Three Six Mafia.  They even use some of their beats.  Which last I heard has come back to bite them in the ass because Juicy J is now suing them even though he’s openly given his blessing/permission for them to use.  So weird.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:31 AM, Rip said:

I mean, $uicideboy$ also sound EXACTLY like Three Six Mafia.  They even use some of their beats.  Which last I heard has come back to bite them in the ass because Juicy J is now suing them even though he’s openly given his blessing/permission for them to use.  So weird.

Yes!  Great point.  When she would play $uicideboy$ I would explain this to her, and she had no clue who they were.  So I played her some 3-6, and she was stunned, saying wow...you're right.  Their discrepancies do seem weird and inconsistent, also agree on that.  I wonder if initially he did give them general/verbal permission, but once they blew up way bigger than anyone anticipated, he wanted a piece of the pie since there now was an actual pie to be had a piece from, so he changed his stance?  Who knows.  We'll never know but will hear bias comments from both sides, I'm sure.  Nothing would surprise me on either side, when money is involved. 

5 hours ago, verb1999 said:

Yes!  Great point.  When she would play $uicideboy$ I would explain this to her, and she had no clue who they were.  So I played her some 3-6, and she was stunned, saying wow...you're right.  Their discrepancies do seem weird and inconsistent, also agree on that.  I wonder if initially he did give them general/verbal permission, but once they blew up way bigger than anyone anticipated, he wanted a piece of the pie since there now was an actual pie to be had a piece from, so he changed his stance?  Who knows.  We'll never know but will hear bias comments from both sides, I'm sure.  Nothing would surprise me on either side, when money is involved. 

What makes the whole thing even  weirder is that Scrim (from $B) made the majority of the beats for Juicy-J’s last 2 solo albums.  So they had at least somewhat of a close personal relationship.