Has interpunk gotten their shit together?

I just canceled an order for a bunch of Snuff lps that I placed at the end of January.  The status never changed from shipping soon.  Didn't bother trying to contact them, just figured a month and half was long enough.  Most of them are still available from Fat, they just had one or two that Fat doesn't so I figured I'd give them a shot for old times sake.  I didnt have any issues canceling or getting refunded.

6 hours ago, swb said:

Different company but SmartPunk is weak too. The punks just won't deliver.

Yo, idk about this here. I've only had good experiences with SmartPunk. I've never had to cancel an order or anything though. Everything is very timely in my experience.

That archaic site gives me cramps. I placed an order for a record that was supposedly available as a UK import. I tried for a month to get a status, only to be told it was not available to them and they could fill the order with the US version (not the UK variant). They're Richmond based too, and as much as I want to support businesses in my state, I will not buy again.

15 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Yo, idk about this here. I've only had good experiences with SmartPunk. I've never had to cancel an order or anything though. Everything is very timely in my experience.

I may have been unlucky then. I got a record that skipped and I got one “we’ll look into this!” email and then silence for two weeks. I had to open a PayPal dispute before someone from their parent company stepped in and said they’d get SmartPunk to help. I got a 2nd “sorry we’ll look into this!” email within an hour. Two weeks went by and I got a 3rd reply from someone at SmartPunk who said “I’m looking into this! Can you tell me what your issue is and send photos?” I said “I already did. It’s on this email chain below” and I never heard back. A week or so later my PayPal dispute closed due to no response from the parent company and I got my $$$ back but seemed like a needless month of waiting for an actual reply.

21 minutes ago, swb said:

I may have been unlucky then. I got a record that skipped and I got one “we’ll look into this!” email and then silence for two weeks. I had to open a PayPal dispute before someone from their parent company stepped in and said they’d get SmartPunk to help. I got a 2nd “sorry we’ll look into this!” email within an hour. Two weeks went by and I got a 3rd reply from someone at SmartPunk who said “I’m looking into this! Can you tell me what your issue is and send photos?” I said “I already did. It’s on this email chain below” and I never heard back. A week or so later my PayPal dispute closed due to no response from the parent company and I got my $$$ back but seemed like a needless month of waiting for an actual reply.

That's unfortunate as hell. Hopefully just a one-off thing, but sucks it happened to you.

Also, it's a big bummer that Interpunk sucks now. I remember ordering records from there early on in my collecting days because they were the only like distro I knew of. I stopped ordering from them once I got a better footing in the vinyl hunt game. Haven't ordered from them in a few years, and I guess I won't bother again.

I liked them back in the day because they had harder to find CDs, shirts, and eventually were decent on their vinyl exclusives at first. They had pretty good customer service, and a decent platform to track and add to your orders. I preferred more sales over their rewards system, but they also allowed for user reviews for n00bs in the punk music game who had no idea what was going on.

Now it seems that they're in over their heads with a bunch of shit and are making excuses making it seem like they're trying to do right when they're not. I e-mailed them about the 88 Fingers Louie record that they said they shipped but didn't. It's one thing to never get around to an order but to lie about shipping and say nothing? Nah...I'm done. Filed my first Paypal claim and won in a span of two weeks.

Edited by GradedOnACurve

3 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

SmartPunk, interpunk. What is this 2006? Did you guys grab the exclusive from zambooie.com too?

I still buy music off of Amazon.  If you include their merge with CDnow I've been buying stuff from them since 1999.  Don't quite get the point of your comment.  Is it not ok to buy music from older sites?

7 hours ago, KnowNothing said:

I still buy music off of Amazon.  If you include their merge with CDnow I've been buying stuff from them since 1999.  Don't quite get the point of your comment.  Is it not ok to buy music from older sites?

Of course it’s fine haha. I’m just being tongue in cheek primarily because interpunk sucks. 

Last ordered I placed through them was the 88 Fingers Louie reissue and that went perfectly fine.

Been avoiding them the last few months from all the issues I keep hearing about.  They were my go-to for like a decade, and only being a few states away from their warehouse I'd always get shit within 2 days.  Amazon has kind of taken over the thrown thanks to the prime deals.