Thread Title Memes For Messy Elitist Teens

4 minutes ago, Gamer1189 said:

I appreciate you thank you! I guess I won't ask again and I also think this is why vinyl enthusiasts get such a bad name because they are snobby and gatekeeping the hobby unfortunately. Again, appreciate this comment cheers! :)

Lol go to VMP if you wanna jerk it over splatters of bands you have never heard of, no one here cares. We like music. Guess that makes us elite.

I'd rather be snobby and elite than someone who wastes money on a record solely because there are X amount of them out there or cause they swirled the lead singer's jizz into a clear record.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 minute ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Lol go to VMP if you wanna jerk it over splatters of bands you have never heard of, no one here cares. We like music. Guess that makes us elite.

I'd rather be snobby and elite than someone who wastes money on a record solely because there are X amount of them out there or cause they swirled the lead singer's jizz into a clear record.

Great and that's you. No need to shove your beliefs of the hobby onto others let everyone enjoy how they want to

Forgot to mention that I’d like AlexH’s post twice if I could.  Nail on the head, really.  Of course I do have some “gems” I’m grateful to own since their aftermarket value has become steep over the years, but I also think there are countless albums I value that have either sold for < $20 once or twice on Discogs, or just haven’t been sold at all.  You really can’t lose when you’re buying music you’re stoked to own and enjoy.  Having a valuable collection is cool and all, but if the “vinyl bubble” popped tomorrow, I would still be very pleased with everything on my shelf and what it means to me.

And to add some legitimate advice to this thread: if you’re sincere about getting into vinyl and nabbing rarer releases or variants of music you enjoy, establish your favorite bands and start following their labels.  99% of the time, a new pre-order or official reissue from a label will feature rarer (and nicer) variants, packaging, etc. than whatever UO offers.