New to vinyl

If there is water damage to the sleeves, you will need remove the records to make sure there is no mold on them. The records will need to be cleaned. You can google a record cleaning solution and how to clean them. You may need to get new interior sleeve liners because the water damaged old ones will not keep the vinyl clean. 

Once the sleeves dry out, and the records are clean and resleeved, I suggest buying exterior plastic record sleeves.

12 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

If there is water damage to the sleeves, you will need remove the records to make sure there is no mold on them. The records will need to be cleaned. You can google a record cleaning solution and how to clean them. You may need to get new interior sleeve liners because the water damaged old ones will not keep the vinyl clean. 

Once the sleeves dry out, and the records are clean and resleeved, I suggest buying exterior plastic record sleeves.

Unless they are dollar bin fodder...

Are the discs themselves even in good shape?  I'd imagine anyone who threw a box of records in the wet garage didn't take the best care of them in the first place.  If they're actually something that you want to listen to and enjoy, you might be better off looking for a good used copy or possibly a new copy.

Edited by Buffbloom

10 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

Are the discs themselves even in good shape?  I'd imagine anyone who threw a box of records in the wet garage didn't take the best care of them in the first place.  If they're actually something that you want to listen to and enjoy, you might be better off looking for a good used copy or possibly a new copy.

For my suprise, the discs are in good shape, some of them even have layer of plastic sleeves. I was disappointed when I found out that my mom forget these vinyl in the garage.