Po : Mindless Self Indulgence- Frankenstein Girls Will seem strangely sexy

MSI was a guilty pleasure of mine in high school, now it's just a pleasure, albeit one I revisit sparsely. The lyrics are generally dumb, gross, or a combination of the two and the music is rough around the edges in its performance/production, but the tunes are good-to-great and they always felt genuine from "Tight" to "if". They have an energy and a sound that manages to draw me in.

Still on the fence about "How I Learned...", haven't listened since that one came out. I remember not being terribly impressed though.

#0060/1000, the packaging, record, and labels look sick. No complaints on sound quality. Well done, MOV

16 minutes ago, Th3Gr8Whit3Dop3 said:

MSI was a guilty pleasure of mine in high school, now it's just a pleasure, albeit one I revisit sparsely. The lyrics are generally dumb, gross, or a combination of the two and the music is rough around the edges in its performance/production, but the tunes are good-to-great and they always felt genuine from "Tight" to "if". They have an energy and a sound that manages to draw me in.

Still on the fence about "How I Learned...", haven't listened since that one came out. I remember not being terribly impressed though.

#0060/1000, the packaging, record, and labels look sick. No complaints on sound quality. Well done, MOV

"How I learned" genuinely isn't really good. Completely forgettable. YRTA is their best work easily.  I can still go back to it today.

1 hour ago, lostcrimes said:

"How I learned" genuinely isn't really good. Completely forgettable. YRTA is their best work easily.  I can still go back to it today.

Duly noted lol. I agree with regard to YRTA. More polished than Frankenstein, more of the old attitude than "if".

Found a copy of YRTA 1st pressing signed by all members at my local record store. Scooped that up with a quickness. Pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 7:30 PM, lostcrimes said:

Oh damn. Thanks for looking that up. Was $36 bucks retail on that? I don't think I want it that bad. I spent just over $20 shipped on Frankenstein girls and was hoping to spend the same on this. But I guess not.

3 hours ago, kylet said:

Oh damn. Thanks for looking that up. Was $36 bucks retail on that? I don't think I want it that bad. I spent just over $20 shipped on Frankenstein girls and was hoping to spend the same on this. But I guess not.

I paid 35 from bullmoose so that's about normal. Just figured it was going out of print soon so I might as well. 

• 9 months later...
On 6/9/2019 at 5:18 PM, lostcrimes said:

I paid 35 from bullmoose so that's about normal. Just figured it was going out of print soon so I might as well. 

Sorry for bumping this old ass thread. If anyone other than me was in search on YRTA, that walmart link is pretty cheap right now. $24.42 with free shipping.  Goes for closer to $40 on discogs plus shipping so that's a steal. Walmart often has 3rd party sellers, which i'd image this has gotta be. It came today. Packaged well in a mailer, sealed in mint condition. It's the 2017 repress on Translucent Blue /1000. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mindless-Self-Indulgence-You-Ll-Rebel-To-Anything-Vinyl/55900332

On 3/11/2020 at 4:08 PM, kylet said:

Sorry for bumping this old ass thread. If anyone other than me was in search on YRTA, that walmart link is pretty cheap right now. $24.42 with free shipping.  Goes for closer to $40 on discogs plus shipping so that's a steal. Walmart often has 3rd party sellers, which i'd image this has gotta be. It came today. Packaged well in a mailer, sealed in mint condition. It's the 2017 repress on Translucent Blue /1000. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mindless-Self-Indulgence-You-Ll-Rebel-To-Anything-Vinyl/55900332

sound quality is very good for this pressing! I do recommend for others if they are interested.

waiting to find a cheap IF copy or specifically a repress sometime.