PO: Dance Gavin Dance - Head Hunter 7in

Gosh dang it. I grabbed a red but would have loved the bundle. I was literally watching the video at like 6:50 AM and spent 15 minutes searching for a vinyl link before I got busy with work.

O well Rise is being super cool and said that it qualified for a “free vinyl mystery pack.” So I’m good.

EDIT: Everything sold out but Red, 480 when I was buying it.

Edited by MCDELTAT

Incredible how quick these started flying after DGD mentioned it. Rise tweeted out earlier in the day it was happening around lunchtime so I was on the ball with this and picked up the bundle. As soon as that bundle went though, pink sold out like 45 minutes later, it was like 160 copies shifted in that time, real impressive.

Edited by mcpaddolive

• 1 month later...

https://merchnow.com/catalogs/dance-gavin-dance

This is weird and IMO doesn't need its own thread but for some reason Merchnow is selling the variants from the DGD Official Box Set individually for $25 each. I own the box set and just a heads up if you want these, it's just the sleeve and the record. No inserts or inner sleeve or anything.

Sidenote: Found the old thread and will post there

Edited by N8TRU1

3 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

https://merchnow.com/catalogs/dance-gavin-dance

This is weird and IMO doesn't need its own thread but for some reason Merchnow is selling the variants from the DGD Official Box Set individually for $25 each. I own the box set and just a heads up if you want these, it's just the sleeve and the record. No inserts or inner sleeve or anything.

Sidenote: Found the old thread and will post there

Well this kinda pisses me off.  But then again, when they released the box set it was super cheap. 

13 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

i dont understand why people are so rabid for DGD variants? someone explain it to me. 

Once Tilian joined, they hit this niche in the scene and for a while there weren’t many DGD vinyl variants. It was just the boxset for a long time. Once the new records started coming out, Rise recognizes the potential of numerous variants and kinda capitalized on the fandom that blew up. 

This is not to say that they weren’t big before Tilian joined. Like Happiness is a huge fandom favorite. But as of like 2014 they’ve really hit their stride and the stans came along with it. With that the variants just flowed. 

2 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Once Tilian joined, they hit this niche in the scene and for a while there weren’t many DGD vinyl variants. It was just the boxset for a long time. Once the new records started coming out, Rise recognizes the potential of numerous variants and kinda capitalized on the fandom that blew up. 

This is not to say that they weren’t big before Tilian joined. Like Happiness is a huge fandom favorite. But as of like 2014 they’ve really hit their stride and the stans came along with it. With that the variants just flowed. 

i feel like a majority of these variants will never get spun. just "stans" hoarding them or putting them up on their wall. 

25 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Oh exactly. That’s exactly why Rise keeps repressing them cause they know they’ll just collect the next one. 

To add to the financial aspect, we've gone from a $50 6LP box set to $25 for a single LP which is outrageous. I paid $30 for ArSe instrumental at a show and felt awful about it. Now I'm at the point with DGD where I get the variant I like, avoid bundles and I don't double dip (except for 2 variants of Self-Titled because of the box set and that sick half and half with splatter). The only records I'm missing are the flexi's and I don't see them coming my way.