Doves Discography Reissues

25 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

I wonder if there was some typo on the front cover and they decided to go for a band-aid solution (almost literally) to fix it rather than dump a whole bunch of misprinted outer sleeves and order a fresh batch?

Someone needs to jack up their cover and peel that band-aid off.

1 hour ago, bubb4 said:

man... i was tempted. I was thinking maybe it was one of those non-sticky cling stickers but it's definitely on there. I don't have the heart to start scraping at it lol

If the temptation strikes you again and you got any Zippo Lighter Fluid around, try applying a few drops for an even spread onto the sticker part, then wait for a good 30-45 minutes. If it's not industrial-strength adhesive, it should peel out with some gentle but firm pressure.

Or don't, because I don't think any reissue of repress of this album in the future is going to feature an outer sleeve like the one you have. This might actually become a collector's edition for real lol.

5 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Just curious, which versions do you all have with the sticker?  On Discogs the picture for the Red (which shows a signed copy) doesn't have it but the white version does.  The black looks like a generic web sourced image so who knows there.

https://shopus.dovesofficial.com/products/the-universal-want-red-vinyl?variant=35274190618776
That's the one I bought. Red but not signed. 

6 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Just curious, which versions do you all have with the sticker?  On Discogs the picture for the Red (which shows a signed copy) doesn't have it but the white version does.  The black looks like a generic web sourced image so who knows there.

I got red signed and it has the sticker.

• 4 weeks later...