Doves Discography Reissues

2 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Got these in the mail today and all 3 had huge bent corners.  Ugh!  Not sure what to do now. 

Did anyone that ordered from the US uDiscover have their order ship yet? 

Nothing yet. I just emailed them and they said they had an error in the warehouse or something but should be shipping soon. Hate that yours came in with bent corners. 

12 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Nothing yet. I just emailed them and they said they had an error in the warehouse or something but should be shipping soon. Hate that yours came in with bent corners. 

I placed an order from the US store because the 25% is still active. I'll see what the UK store says about the damage. 

Just now, timsimmons said:

Mine came the same way despite the mailer looking fine. I’m guessing it was the box that they were shipped from the plant in. 

From uDiscover?  Mine came in a pretty sturdy mailer wrapped in a plastic bag but there is a noticeable crunch in the mailer in one corner.  

On 6/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, ejc625 said:

My US order shipped today and it appears that I'm getting a refund from the UK store so it seems it worked out in the end. 

On 6/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, YouTwo said:

Got these in the mail today and all 3 had huge bent corners.  Ugh!  Not sure what to do now. 

Did anyone that ordered from the US uDiscover have their order ship yet? 

Mine arrived with bent corners as well. UDiscover offered a couple options but none include shipping out replacements because they are out of them.

ordered (from Amazon UK and shipped to CA) and finally listened to both LPs today

observations

shipping: i've batted 1.000 with amazon.com vinyl orders. but this will be the last time I order from amazon across the pond. how did it arrive? well close your eyes and picture the opening scene for Ace Ventura OR watch this video

vinyl sleeve quality: wish it was a gatefold, now that I think of it I wish all my vinyl were gatefold, no biggie though. one of the corners came a little bent

LPs - no damage! white is a good color

pressing quality: would give it an A-, overall pretty silent, not dead silent but VERY VERY GOOD.

audio quality: pretty bad ass

overall happy with the purchase!

• 9 months later...
11 minutes ago, hobbesthecat said:

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/artist.html?a=doves

all reissues are half price - I didn’t check to see about shipping costs to the states and if local US stores are following this

pretty crazy price - I have some cities and the pressing quality is very very good

Looks like shipping to the US is about $10.

I was just listening to Lost Souls again last night.  So good!