Taking Back Sunday Craft Recordings represses

It needs to be asked: are you partially employed by SRC or something?  It’s like clockwork.  Is there any reason you consistently post their links instead of non-shitty webstores like Bull Moose, for example?  I don’t count myself as a TBS fan, but did a cursory look over at BM and found Louder Now for $18 and change.  Free shipping over $30.  Won’t charge until shipped.  Won’t play games or hold your funds hostage if you need to cancel.  Issues reward points.  Why wouldn’t you support them?  Knock off the SRC shilling – you’re making me associate disgust with Workaholics and I don’t need that.

Edited by Derek™

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It needs to be asked: are you partially employed by SRC or something?  It’s like clockwork.  Is there any reason you consistently post their links instead of non-shitty webstores like Bull Moose, for example?  I don’t count myself as a TBS fan, but did a cursory look over at BM and found Louder Now for $18 and change.  Free shipping over $30.  Won’t charge until shipped.  Won’t play games or hold your funds hostage if you need to cancel.  Issues reward points.  Why wouldn’t you support them?  Knock off the SRC shilling – you’re making me associate disgust with Workaholics and I don’t need that.

I simply copy and pasted SRC's Facebook post.

However, all three releases are $19.99 at SRC. :)

Edited by ckraus333

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Doesnt SRC own these boards now?

I will say at least SRC isn't quite as bad as Interpunk . I mean they are bad and will steal money from you and won't give it back unless you ask ( they did that with me for some Blink cassettes 3 years or so ago ) but Interpunk takes ineptness to a whole other level. Bullmoose is by far the best place to order this stuff from as like the person said they don't mess around with taking your money until they are actually shipping. 

9 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

I will say at least SRC isn't quite as bad as Interpunk . I mean they are bad and will steal money from you and won't give it back unless you ask ( they did that with me for some Blink cassettes 3 years or so ago ) but Interpunk takes ineptness to a whole other level. Bullmoose is by far the best place to order this stuff from as like the person said they don't mess around with taking your money until they are actually shipping. 

So you're saying being bad at your job is actually worse than purposely stealing from people? Got it.

How about just fuck both SRC and interpunk?

44 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Might as well, doesn’t seem anyone cares about these TBS reissues. Have any of these albums even been hard to get recently?

Louder Now, at least, appears to be out of print. Given that these are coming out on a different label, it may just be an issue of rights changing hands and the new owners getting the albums back in print.

30 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Louder Now, at least, appears to be out of print. Given that these are coming out on a different label, it may just be an issue of rights changing hands and the new owners getting the albums back in print.

Louder Now (black) and Taking Back Sunday (green) are still up at their webstore.

https://takingbacksundaystore.com/collections/music/products/taking-back-sunday-taking-back-sunday-limited-edition-green-vinyl

On 3/25/2019 at 7:21 AM, Derek™ said:

Relax dude, he's just sharing a link to a new repress on a record collecting forum.

Juan and I moderate this whole goddamn forum and don't get paid for it, you think the dude who's posting links every other month is on their payroll? They could just blast the boards with ads for free instead lol

16 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Relax dude, he's just sharing a link to a new repress on a record collecting forum.

Juan and I moderate this whole goddamn forum and don't get paid for it, you think the dude who's posting links every other month is on their payroll? They could just blast the boards with ads for free instead lol

Yeah, but the worst possible links and avenue for the repress.

I don’t legitimately think he’s a mascot for SRC, no.  My question about whether or not someone floats him a paycheck for “guerilla advertisement” was not meant to be taken as a serious inquiry.  I just wanted to know if there was a backstory to the eagerness of reposting every tweet and FB announcement that SRC shouts out.  It seems really unnatural to me, but maybe I’m in the minority.

Also was there not a time where SRC had ads plastered on the boards?  Especially as top banners?  I definitely seem to recall that and don’t think I’m imagining it.

It would feel a little more natural if OP discussed these releases or at least led me to believe that he himself was purchasing any of these, or had any kind of interest or genuine attachment to the music.  He strikes me as nothing more than a peddler for SRC and occasionally Victory Records... two mega trash labels.  I understand that - realistically - that is not the truth... but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m still curious about the real story.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t legitimately think he’s a mascot for SRC, no.  My question about whether or not someone floats him a paycheck for “guerilla advertisement” was not meant to be taken as a serious inquiry.  I just wanted to know if there was a backstory to the eagerness of reposting every tweet and FB announcement that SRC shouts out.  It seems really unnatural to me, but maybe I’m in the minority.

Also was there not a time where SRC had ads plastered on the boards?  Especially as top banners?  I definitely seem to recall that and don’t think I’m imagining it.

It would feel a little more natural if OP discussed these releases or at least led me to believe that he himself was purchasing any of these, or had any kind of interest or genuine attachment to the music.  He strikes me as nothing more than a peddler for SRC and occasionally Victory Records... two mega trash labels.  I understand that - realistically - that is not the truth... but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m still curious about the real story.

To be fair they copy/paste from multiple store’s/label’s newsletters. I’ve seen them do it for Newbury (all the Brand New exclusives!) and Victory.

9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Can't comment on SRC's marketing strategy with ads, as far as I can tell this place has always been rotten with them since Virgil gave up on it.

Regardless, you're not the arbiter of content that gets shared on this board. People shouldn't have to worry if they're going to get lectured because they shared a link and didn't write a dissertation about it too. Live and let live.

Maybe the last sentence of my initial post was harsh, but the rest reads like a legitimate inquiry – one that I have reason to believe I’m not alone in pondering.

But if we’re supposed to fuck off and avoid interacting with NPCs who live for rounding up and regurgitating sale links, that’s fine.  Dude could at least have the decency to include a signature that encourages purchases outside of the labels he posts.

Please do not misconstrue this as me trying to police forum signatures.

You can have personal inquiries, but why not just shoot the dude a DM and ask him directly instead of calling him out? Clearly a lot of people have personal beef with SRC, and them saying so isn't a problem at all. Hell, nobody ever goes to their defense or anything, I just don't like seeing users like @ckraus333 start to get dogpiled for sharing some quick info and a link in a thread that otherwise would've dropped off in a day or so. We all have problems with certain labels/bands/artists/even users, but it doesn't need to be brought up constantly. I don't support Hopeless Records anymore because they work with absolute pieces of shit like Adam Fox, but I don't mention that in every Hopeless release thread lol.

Edit: for the record I have no idea if this is the same guy from that charity comp. Heard from a trusted friend who got ripped off by the Adam Fox who used to slum it on these boards that he worked with Hopeless on some stuff. I or he could be mistaken and mixing them up, either way those of you who have been here long enough know exactly who I'm talking about, fuck that dude.