Taking Back Sunday Craft Recordings represses

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

You can have personal inquiries, but why not just shoot the dude a DM and ask him directly instead of calling him out? Clearly a lot of people have personal beef with SRC, and them saying so isn't a problem at all. Hell, nobody ever goes to their defense or anything, I just don't like seeing users like @ckraus333 start to get dogpiled for sharing some quick info and a link in a thread that otherwise would've dropped off in a day or so. We all have problems with certain labels/bands/artists/even users, but it doesn't need to be brought up constantly. I don't support Hopeless Records anymore because they work with absolute pieces of shit like Adam Fox, but I don't mention that in every Hopeless release thread lol.

Edit: for the record I have no idea if this is the same guy from that charity comp. Heard from a trusted friend who got ripped off by the Adam Fox who used to slum it on these boards that he worked with Hopeless on some stuff. I or he could be mistaken and mixing them up, either way those of you who have been here long enough know exactly who I'm talking about, fuck that dude.

Definitely don't work for SRC. But I get a lot of my info from their social media pages. I am not trying to plug their site. If Bull Moose or some other retailer posted about these TBS represses I would have copy and pasted their post. I find it rather silly that I even have to defend myself.

54 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

Definitely don't work for SRC. But I get a lot of my info from their social media pages. I am not trying to plug their site. If Bull Moose or some other retailer posted about these TBS represses I would have copy and pasted their post. I find it rather silly that I even have to defend myself.

Your first to drop links for a lot of new releases. I appreciate it, keep it goin man. I am happy enough to shop around for links once I know something is up.

3 hours ago, ckraus333 said:

I find it rather silly that I even have to defend myself.

I just wanted to see if there was a real person in there somewhere.  No hard feelings.

And Rambo; your comparison would be valid if I climbed onto a soapbox every time I saw an SRC link and rattled off a list of grievances... but that’s a bit of a stretch.  I don’t give them my money but I also don’t chastise the people who do.  I just know that a lot of people, unfortunately, click those bright blue links in the first post without giving a second thought to taking their business elsewhere.  Next time I’ll just chime in “Also available at Bull Moose for two bucks less” and move on.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I just wanted to see if there was a real person in there somewhere.  No hard feelings.

And Rambo; your comparison would be valid if I climbed onto a soapbox every time I saw an SRC link and rattled off a list of grievances... but that’s a bit of a stretch.  I don’t give them my money but I also don’t chastise the people who do.  I just know that a lot of people, unfortunately, click those bright blue links in the first post without giving a second thought to taking their business elsewhere.  Next time I’ll just chime in “Also available at Bull Moose for two bucks less” and move on.

Bud, I've read this up to "And Rambo; your comparison would be valid if I climbed onto a soapbox every time I saw an SRC link and rattled off a list of grievances..." and I'm good. No nuts to crack here. Just be chill, these boards have been flowing like gravy, let's keep it that way.

1 minute ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Haven’t posted on here in years but had to chime cuz it’s been awhile and Derek is still heckling people for no fucking reason. 

What did Rambo just say about the board’s gravy flow?  Don’t you have a stream of video games, weed, and part-time Uber driving to get back to?  Or did you manage to do something with your life in those last few years?

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

What did Rambo just say about the board’s gravy flow?  Don’t you have a stream of video games, weed, and part-time Uber driving to get back to?  Or did you manage to do something with your life in those last few years?

Never feed a fat girl or a troll cuz they just come back for more. 

1 minute ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Never feed a fat girl or a troll cuz they just come back for more. 

You didn’t answer the question.

Let the record show that there is nothing inherently wrong with earning a wage from Uber, or enjoying those recreations in tandem.  I just think it’s embarrassing to make it your entire online persona while simultaneously raising a kid.  But you’re you and I’m me; you have to do your own thing, I guess.

But how about those TBS represses?

5 minutes ago, Brock N Roll said:

Sometimes, I wonder why I feel like the boards have been slowing and arent as fun as they used to be and then I read threads like this and I find my answer as to why. 

What is the answer specifically?  More instigators and trolls?  It would never fly so long as “alright fellas, take it to a PM” remains as the ultimate, optimal solution for the forum’s scuttles - but... imagine the mileage we’d get out of 1 designated thread for all bickering and arguments.  “The Thunderdome” could be a thread in Everything Else where members hash out their beef with other members.  Just a quality, sanctioned slice of scorched earth to keep the toxic bickering out of actual discussions.  Obviously there’d have to be some ground rules - no racist remarks, personal info, photos from social media, etc. - but for the most part, it’d be a no-holds brawl.  Feel like everyone could win with something like that.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

What is the answer specifically?  More instigators and trolls?  It would never fly so long as “alright fellas, take it to a PM” remains as the ultimate, optimal solution for the forum’s scuttles - but... imagine the mileage we’d get out of 1 designated thread for all bickering and arguments.  “The Thunderdome” could be a thread in Everything Else where members hash out their beef with other members.  Just a quality, sanctioned slice of scorched earth to keep the toxic bickering out of actual discussions.  Obviously there’d have to be some ground rules - no racist remarks, personal info, photos from social media, etc. - but for the most part, it’d be a no-holds brawl.  Feel like everyone could win with something like that.

Or we could just act like grown ups.

Seriously dude, if you wanna have pissing contests with strangers over nothing on the internet just make a Twitter account. The internet is rotten with that kind of crap these days, VC doesn't need to be a bummer too.

1 minute ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Or we could just act like grown ups.

Seriously dude, if you wanna have pissing contests with strangers over nothing on the internet just make a Twitter account. The internet is rotten with that kind of crap these days, VC doesn't need to be a bummer too.

Brock doesn’t speak often, but when he does it’s sage wisdom.  One man’s immature pissing contest is another’s reason to log in.

But really, I get what you’re saying.  Twitter is a meme though.  I will pre-order the latest TBS Greatest Hits compilation before I submit a tweet.

I’m going to take a second to be real.  In the post you chose to stop reading, I mentioned that going forward I’ll be making an effort to not call out the OP, and instead just provide a link to cheaper (and less shady) sale links if they’re available.  I also addressed the OP directly and told him I meant no ill will.  Thread was fizzled out.  Completely tamed.  Any additional lurking I was planning to do was solely on account of boredom during breaks at work, and I had no intention of posting in here again.

And I know this is going to read like a really bratty finger-point, but throughbeingcucked decided it would be beneficial to pop in, admit that he hasn’t logged in for a while, and then ensure his returning post is one that jabs at me.  And, uhh... that’s fine.  I guess.  But anyone who’s read my posts for the last year or so can probably gather that I haven’t been as feisty on the boards as I used to be.  I can specifically recall the last time I sprung off into a personal essay to attack someone; it was well over a year ago and I’m not going to drum it up.  Point is, I genuinely feel like I haven’t been terrorizing on the boards... new members or otherwise.

So it’s tough for me to consider just “turning the other cheek” when a clown - whose absence has not been missed - pops in and gets cute just to stir the pot.  Giving him a laugh-react and moving on with the day would’ve sufficed, sure.  Maybe.  But as someone who participates on the boards daily, I’m (probably) not going to roll over and take ill-informed barbs about my behavior, from dudes who’ve been far too busy achieving their dreams to log in for a year.

Louder Now was the closest I came to being a TBS fan.  Inescapable through high school, but I didn’t mind much.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Brock doesn’t speak often, but when he does it’s sage wisdom.  One man’s immature pissing contest is another’s reason to log in.

But really, I get what you’re saying.  Twitter is a meme though.  I will pre-order the latest TBS Greatest Hits compilation before I submit a tweet.

We've both been on here for a while and I've never had a problem with you  (and I still don't) but sometimes your responses are so damn long winded, it's nuts haha

I don't even know who the OP is because I don't get on here enough anymore but I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way with the way you responded to him right off the bat and then later saying that "it seems really unnatural to you" that he posted the link.  

12 minutes ago, Brock N Roll said:

We've both been on here for a while and I've never had a problem with you  (and I still don't) but sometimes your responses are so damn long winded, it's nuts haha

90% of the time I picture Derek as a Pitchfork review writer when I read his responses.  About 3 lines in, I have usually lost interest in why I started reading it

13 minutes ago, Brock N Roll said:

I don't even know who the OP is because I don't get on here enough anymore but I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way with the way you responded to him right off the bat and then later saying that "it seems really unnatural to you" that he posted the link.  

Yeah, I can get carried away with the amount I write in general.  Forum arguments, texting friends, e-mails... I tend to write fast and a lot.  I assume most people just tl;dr half the stuff I post on here.  I really need to get better about keeping things short and sweet to cater to the internet’s general attention span and reading comprehension.  See directly above.

You can probably gain enough context from the way the thread unfolded, but I only stuck my nose in here because of ckraus333.  Been eying their threads and bumps for a while, and always seem to catch the ones that promote SRC.  Could be a matter of looking at the wrong places at the wrong time but it appeared synonymous to me, which is why I raised my question on page 1.  I know he’s not a bot but I had to make sure.  That’s about all there is to it.

17 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

90% of the time I picture Derek as a Pitchfork review writer when I read his responses.  About 3 lines in, I have usually lost interest in why I started reading it

90% of the time I picture Derek as Batman (not to be confused with @batman another quality poster). The hero we deserve but do not need (except we do need him, he’s great).

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

90% of the time I picture Derek as Batman (not to be confused with @batman another quality poster). The hero we deserve but do not need (except we do need him, he’s great).

I’m on mobile at the moment and don’t have access to the board’s smilies, but I know there’s some sort of dumb cheeky emoticon with hearts that should go here.  Thank you for keeping the forums fresh and entertaining.