PO now: Pile 'Green and Gray' (out 5/3)

I've really been digging this band lately, and I'm stoked for this new one:

http://www.explodinginsoundrecords.com/products/637179-pile-green-and-gray

spacer.png

For those who are behind on buying their records (like me), they are offering a Green and Gray + Odds and Ends + A Hairshirt of Purpose LP bundle for $43. How's that for a no-brainer?

• 1 month later...

Spinning my copy now, I was really happy to see this was cut at 45. I'm hearing random bits of crackling distortion throughout the A side in the left channel... cleaning did no good and it's pretty disruptive. I'm hoping it's just my copy but I have a feeling this might be a widespread defect. If anyone can comment on their copy I'd be curious to see if it might be worth trying to exchange it. Either way, I'm not going let that spoil the album because it's awesome. The other sides sound pretty good, just the usual minor surface noise... the recording has a natural sense of space and warmth, but plenty of punch on the loud parts. Other than that, I'm a fan of the layout and the giant folded insert. I do think a green/gray vinyl combo could have been fun, but clear is probably a bit more tasteful since it looks nice without distracting from the cover.