RECORD STORE DAY @ 1-2-3-4 GO! in Oakland & SF

Hello all!

Here's our annual RSD thread! RSD is here a week early for some odd reason but the other details are the same as always. Both shops are open 8am to 8pm and we'll have hundreds of RSD exclusive releases on hand as always and a few really cool things to give away.

First; we've got a test pressing for the Green Day "Woodstock 1994" LP to raffle off.  All you have to do to enter is buy a copy of the regular Woodstock LP from us and we'll pick a winner Monday the 15th! It is currently not autographed by anyone but we're hoping to get that changed before RSD.

Secondly; we've got a Mastodon test press for their RSD release! Same rules apply as the Green Day give away and a winner will be contacted Monday the 15th

THIRDLY!; The first 100 people in line in at either location will be signed up for a raffle to win a $100 gift certificate. Winners will be contacted Monday the 15th.

FOURTHLY!!!; This isn't a giveaway but our next door neighbor Tacos Oscar will be open early for brunch/lunch so bring your appetites. If you haven't been to his place we can't recommend it enough. Check out this MASSIVE spread he got in the SF chronicle! https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/article/Tacos-Oscar-s-unlikely-road-to-success-in-13450091.php

Oh and of course the first person in line at either location gets 5 minutes in the shop alone from 7:55am to 8am!

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR OUR LEFTOVERS

Leftovers will be up at http://1234gorecords.com at 5am PST on Sunday the 14th. You'll find the RSD pages under the mail order tab right at the top. We are now running this out of a squarespace store instead of our janky old webstore so you can use credit cards or paypal if you like. We tested this out on Black Friday and it worked like a dream. Processing time on the orders was greatly reduced as well so we're faster than ever!

Rules of the mail order road, please and thank you.

1. Please try to condense everything you want in to one order. We can try to combine orders if you place two but we may also miss it because we're processing hundreds of orders in a very short amount of time.

2. PLEEEEEEEASE don't place an order, freak out that you might not get something, order from some place else and then cancel with us. That's such a bummer. The inventory in our store should be accurate. If it's still up in the store, we still have stock. If we experience an oversell on something we will be in touch ASAP but that didn't happen more than a handful of times last year out of hundreds of orders.

3. If you have questions about an order, Please email [email protected] We won't be doing customer service stuff in this thread or even checking it that often as we'll be working like crazy to get your orders out in a timely manner.

Finally, Know we love you and are working very hard to get your orders out as quickly as possible. Also know that it's two people working on this and we aren't Amazon so while it will go quickly it won't be same day shipping. Last year I think we got everything out withing 5 or 6 days total. You will recieve an email from us when your order ships with your tracking info in it the second it ships. Squarespace and our shipping software are really great about this.  Overall we've got a pretty great reputation around these parts for the most part I think so don't be scurred. We're going to take care of you and it's going to be great. Thanks everyone! You guys really make the dream work for us post RSD and it's greatly appreciated!

Edited by thischarmingham

1 hour ago, thischarmingham said:

See you locals tomorrow and you out of towners Sunday AM!

Bro. I drive 116 miles each way every year to be there. I pass so many stores to get to yours. If you are anywhere near the bay and you go somewhere else you're a f'ing idiot. I say that respectfully.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, Dunc said:

Bro. I drive 116 miles each way every year to be there. I pass so many stores to get to yours. If you are anywhere near the bay and you go somewhere else you're a f'ing idiot. I say that respectfully.

Thank you so much! We put forth a lot of effort and I really appreciate hearing stuff like this.

So we're going to have some pretty significant qty's of some RSD heavy hitters in a few hours. We kinda got screwed over by a distributor who for some reason decided to send a couple pallets of stuff Ground instead of Overnight.  Our bum out is your stoked! We know exactly how much and of what title are coming so we've listed the inventory. We expect to receive these pallets on Thursday or Friday of this coming week and will jam the orders containing those items out over the weekend as quickly as possible. That said we've got a ton on hand right now too so those orders will leave straight away. We're dealing with a new web store and shipping system so this should go really fast. Keep your eyes peeled on our website at 5am PST and give us all your available money. Thanks everyone!

Edited by thischarmingham