RECORD STORE DAY @ 1-2-3-4 GO! in Oakland & SF

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

To add to that, there are very few sellers or shop-owners that actively participate in the threads they may post, which is something 1234 Go! does every year. Fielding questions, trying their best to provide updates to stock inquiries, etc.  It's why they get their own thread in tandem to the RSD one.  At the end of the day, sure; a sale is a sale  It's a mutual benefit, and the traffic from VC may help to clean up a bit or ensure that there's not too much RSD stock sitting around for ages... but I suspect that it doesn't "make or break" their business.  Realistically speaking, opening up their post-RSD sales to our forum isn't something that has to be done.  The page could be a single text field where you have to enter in the item you're after, click Search, view results, and then hit Back to restart the process.  The checkout process could be buggy and take several attempts.  They could not accept Paypal.  The entire page could be written in Portuguese and require Google Translator to navigate.  But if they're ultimately putting something in your hands that you wouldn't otherwise get, I don't think anyone really has any room to complain or feel entitled.

tl;dr – like Sunshine and others have said, we really appreciate everything you do here at VC, @thischarmingham.  Especially the transparent communication.  I personally did not luck out with your 5 AM sale this year, but I have in the past and it's always a great feeling to obtain something that's eluded you all day.

Thank you so much. I literally worked 24 hours straight yesterday into this morning including a full counter shift slept for 3 hours and got back at it and I've been so stoked on the responses in the shop and from you guys on here. Every year we try to learn from what does and doesn't work and come back stronger the next year and I feel like we've been able to do that going on 10 years running for RSD and 11 as a store. Thank you again. I really appreciate it.

3 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

I just find it unfair when the manchildren on this forum shit on people who are obviously trying their best to make a smooth experience. Both pages were up and clearly labeled long before anyone had to refresh at 5PST and then "navigating" each page consisted of scrolling to the letter of the item you wanted... hilarious. Thanks again for doing this every year!

I appreciate ya!

1 minute ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

As someone who could care less about a mono version of that album, I completely agree. However, if it was something I camped out for, I'd be bummed as hell.

Hey, that's a super rare mispress now! They'll probably take returns on it so it'll get rarer as the days go on!

10 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

As someone who could care less about a mono version of that album, I completely agree. However, if it was something I camped out for, I'd be bummed as hell.

You really can’t get anymore mono than only one side worth of the intended band’s music...

We're over halfway through the orders now. Looking good to be finished before the week is over or shortly after. 

You will receive an email from us when your order ships with tracking. No need to follow up with us. If you have not received an email check your spam folder it may be there or your order has not shipped yet.

We are shipping in the most efficient manner possible which may not always be "First in first out" so don't panic if you  ordered on Sunday and haven't seen anything yet. You will very soon.

Please do not call us irate that you got a tracking number but USPS has no info for you. This happens on occasion because they every so often don't scan the package when they pick it up. It is in the system and the tracking won't update until someone scans it again. Likely when it's delivered. There isn't anything we or you can do about it so please don't get mad at us.

Edited by thischarmingham
adding info

37 minutes ago, thischarmingham said:

Please do not call us irate that you got a tracking number but USPS has no info for you. This happens on occasion because they every so often don't scan the package when they pick it up. It is in the system and the tracking won't update until someone scans it again. Likely when it's delivered. There isn't anything we or you can do about it so please don't get mad at us.

People are seriously doing this aren't they?

It's like they've never ordered anything online. :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, thischarmingham said:

We're over halfway through the orders now. Looking good to be finished before the week is over or shortly after. 

You will receive an email from us when your order ships with tracking. No need to follow up with us. If you have not received an email check your spam folder it may be there or your order has not shipped yet.

We are shipping in the most efficient manner possible which may not always be "First in first out" so don't panic if you  ordered on Sunday and haven't seen anything yet. You will very soon.

Thank you and your team for working so hard for us. We appreciate you.