Thoughts on Wharfedale 225 vs Wharfedale Diamond 10.2?

Been eyeing the Wharfedale Diamond 10.2s for a long time. Wife and I are moving the setup into the living room. The style is more modern there and she really doesn't like black/rosewood colored speakers for aesthetic reasons. She would like some white sleek looking speakers, so I found the Wharfedale 225 bookshelf speakers. Do any of you have any experience with the 225s vs the sound on the 10.2? I'm reading good things but I want to know your opinions

Here's my 2¢ as I have the 10.2's and like them a lot. I looked at the newer 225's before I bought the 10.2's and I'm pretty sure the advertised specs were almost identical...The biggest difference is that the 225's were better for smaller spaces since the bass port is integrated into the bottom of the speaker... while the 10.2's have two ports in the back of the speaker which means they need to be further away from the wall to sound their best. I have them on speaker stands and they are maybe 2 feet away from the wall. I bought them from music direct as demo units, so I couldn't justify paying the extra money for the newer 225's, especially since I had the room for the 10.2's. If I didn't have space to pull them away from the wall or if they were on shelves instead of stands I probably would have paid the extra money for the 225's.

6 minutes ago, Dr.Kibbe said:

Here's my 2¢ as I have the 10.2's and like them a lot. I looked at the newer 225's before I bought the 10.2's and I'm pretty sure the advertised specs were almost identical...The biggest difference is that the 225's were better for smaller spaces since the bass port is integrated into the bottom of the speaker... while the 10.2's have two ports in the back of the speaker which means they need to be further away from the wall to sound their best. I have them on speaker stands and they are maybe 2 feet away from the wall. I bought them from music direct as demo units, so I couldn't justify paying the extra money for the newer 225's, especially since I had the room for the 10.2's. If I didn't have space to pull them away from the wall or if they were on shelves instead of stands I probably would have paid the extra money for the 225's.

Great feedback, to add to my information its going in a fairly large living room but we will be putting the speakers on the wall (on a shelf) so having the bottom port may be a nice feature in this case

45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Great feedback, to add to my information its going in a fairly large living room but we will be putting the speakers on the wall (on a shelf) so having the bottom port may be a nice feature in this case

Yeah sounds like the 225's might work best for your set up and keeps the wife happy with the look... Can't go wrong!