Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!

3 hours ago, Sasan said:

I don't know anything about the band...what are the circumstances?

Their bassist and one of their principal songwriters and vocalists Caleb Scofield died in a road traffic accident just over a year ago. Caleb's work with Cave In, Old Man Gloom and his other project Zozobra is all essential listening if you like Hydra Head's Post-Metal/Sludge acts. He was a force to be reckoned with and is still truly missed by a lot of people.

In his honour Adam McGrath and Steve Brodsky played a special benefit show last year at Roadburn and since the crash the band Cave In and Old Man Gloom have been touring to help raise money for the Caleb Scofield fund which basically helps to support his family. Hydra Head reissued both Zozobra albums reprinted some old Cave In records on pretty colours and other items and they did some big shows in Boston with a reformed ISIS, Converge etc.

The UK tour is only a week away and will be a sombre celebration of his legacy.

Edited by Stress On The Sky
dropped an s on vocalists derp

45 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Their bassist and one of their principal songwriters and vocalist Caleb Scofield died in a road traffic accident just over a year ago. Caleb's work with Cave In, Old Man Gloom and his other project Zozobra is all essential listening if you like Hydra Head's Post-Metal/Sludge acts. He was a force to be reckoned with and is still truly missed by a lot of people.

In his honour Adam McGrath and Steve Brodsky played a special benefit show last year at Roadburn and since the crash the band Cave In and Old Man Gloom have been touring to help raise money for the Caleb Scofield fund which basically helps to support his family. Hydra Head reissued both Zozobra albums reprinted some old Cave In records on pretty colours and other items and they did some big shows in Boston with a reformed ISIS, Converge etc.

The UK tour is only a week away and will be a sombre celebration of his legacy.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up! Heard about Caleb (through ISIS) but totally forgot he was part of Cave In...very sad indeed!

1 hour ago, fizio59 said:

‘FINAL TRANSMISSION’ tracklisting:

1. Final Transmission
2. Divine Mother
3. The Tower Crumbles
4. Beneath Below 
5. Constructing Towers
6. Signal Fills The Void.
7. Low Tide
8. Delial
9. Stolen

That's the tracklisting for SGNL>05 by ISIS with the ISIS & Aereogramme In The Fishtank collaboration added on the end. Very odd.

3 hours ago, twatay said:

wut

3 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I'd wager this is a mix up, but on the plus side maybe we'll be getting an expanded SGNL>05 repress?  ISIS have been reprinting the EPs so maybe.

Sorry, I saw this list in the Cave In FB group but I haven’t realized it was from the ISIS record..

16 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Yikes, KRM's UK store shipping is pretty pricey at £7.50. Still grabbed it regardless.

KRM have a UK shop but they still ship from the EU, iirc. :rolleyes:

Anyone got any idea why the yellow variant is more expensive than the others? Can't see any pressing info anywhere!

Edited by Mattallurgist

6 minutes ago, Mattallurgist said:

KRM have a UK shop but they still ship from the EU, iirc. :rolleyes:

you're probably right, it's been a while since I bought anything from the Hydra Head EU store though and I swear it wasn't that much when I last ordered but I'll suck it up for Cave In. Seeing them this Friday and likely to drop a small fortune on whatever merch they have too so £30  for a single LP will seem like a drop in the ocean by Saturday I'm sure.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

4 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

you're probably right, it's been a while since I bought anything from the Hydra Head EU store though and I swear it wasn't that much when I last ordered but I'll suck it up for Cave In. Seeing them this Friday and likely to drop a small fortune on whatever merch they have too so £30  for a single LP will seem like a drop in the ocean by Saturday I'm sure.

Yeah, same here. If you see a dude in flannel sobbing like a child do feel free to come and say hello, though I feel that probably isn't narrowing things down too much!

Yellow's already disappeared from the UK/EU stores anyway, so clear/white it is I guess!

Edited by Mattallurgist

1 minute ago, Mattallurgist said:

Yeah, same here. If you see a dude in flannel sobbing like a child do feel free to come and say hello, though I feel that probably isn't narrowing things down too much!

It probably won't but if you see a beardy guy also making ugly crying faces with a twilight sad tote bag filled with merch that'll be me.

• jhulud changed the title to Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!