Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!

7 hours ago, fizio59 said:

Some copies of the clear/white (actually 1 copy as it disappeared once I made my order with it), the grey and the black variants are back up on KRM EU

https://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/hydra-head-records/

I grabbed a clear before you posted this so I was the one who grabbed the only other one. 

3 hours ago, Adam10647 said:

Bit off topic but it looks like Hydra Head is doing some house cleaning with stuff on ebay fairly good prices at a glance. Just got the Cave-In/Botch Sabith 7 inch on Yellow/ Red for 20

https://www.ebay.com/sch/paranoidfutures/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

thank you, I grabbed the OG Zozobra Harmonic Tremors for 40 which I have been looking for forever. 

7 hours ago, Adam10647 said:

Bit off topic but it looks like Hydra Head is doing some house cleaning with stuff on ebay fairly good prices at a glance. Just got the Cave-In/Botch Sabith 7 inch on Yellow/ Red for 20

https://www.ebay.com/sch/paranoidfutures/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Yeah, same, thanks man. I picked up the OG Zozobra Birds of Prey which I missed out on the first go round.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:16 PM, Kyte30351 said:

I like the new song well enough, but I only got into Cave-In through “Antenna,” and then fell in love with “Jupiter,” and to a lesser extent “Tides of Tomorrow.” Their space-rock material is unparalleled! But their heavier side is just not my bag of chips. So I’ll need to hear at least one more song similar to the single to pony up.

I’m in the same boat. Since copies are out there in the wild, can anyone speak to the sound of the album? 

5 minutes ago, Arizona_Is_The_Reason said:

I’m in the same boat. Since copies are out there in the wild, can anyone speak to the sound of the album? 

Someone from the cave in Facebook group live-streamed it and I heard it. It’s definitely more in with the albums you mentioned you liked and not heavy at all. 

25 minutes ago, Arizona_Is_The_Reason said:

The first side is very spacey, very Jupiter/Tides Of Tomorrow style. The second half is a little heavier, but definitely not on the same level as Planets of Old or White Silence. If you just need a couple more songs akin to All Illusion to make the purchase worth it, I'm pretty confident in saying you'd be satisfied with your purchase!

Also heard the live stream. It was obviously cell phone video of a record playing so it was in no way indicative of the actual production, but man.... goosebumps.  Sounded like they were using a lot of super low tunings which reminded me of Soundgarden (not the songs themselves but the actual guitars)

I had read rumblings that Strange Reflection was a real stand out and they were right. I can't wait to finally have this in my hands. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I haven’t been actively searching for a rip of this thing, but the fact I haven’t seen or heard of leaks sprouting up everywhere is kind of respectable this time around.

I was thinking the exact same thing just yesterday. Granted, it's a lot harder to leak a record since you have to jump through more hoops to rip it than a CD, but still respectable.

3 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I was thinking the exact same thing just yesterday. Granted, it's a lot harder to leak a record since you have to jump through more hoops to rip it than a CD, but still respectable.

I have a machine that could do it and I even had one in hand for a night before sending it to it's rightful owner. Still being that 50% of the sales of this are going to the Scofield family memorial fund I wouldn't dream of leaking it and I applaud everyone who has done the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Gave my copy a listen today.  Definitely lands much more firmly in the space rock side of Cave In, nothing too heavy and all clean vocals.  The two singles that've been released are a pretty accurate depiction of what to expect.  I liked it quite a bit based on the one listen and I'll probably come to appreciate it more with multiple revisits. 

• jhulud changed the title to Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!