Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!

2 hours ago, iDealélan said:

Anyone that bought the /199 Relapse exclusive - did you actually get that variant? They sent me a red/blue instead, wondering if it’s just my luck or a larger mistake. Still no response from Relapse.

I did (I went a little variant-crazy with this one). If it makes you feel any better, as usual w a lot of Relapse releases there's quite a difference between mock-up and reality, and the more colors the more of a mess it is. 

5 hours ago, ParallelofDeath said:

I did (I went a little variant-crazy with this one). If it makes you feel any better, as usual w a lot of Relapse releases there's quite a difference between mock-up and reality, and the more colors the more of a mess it is. 

I do feel slightly better, but from what I’ve seen the reality looks way better than the red/blue cloudy. Holding out hope Relapse has a handful left.

Edit: I guess not better, just feel like this cloudy splatter stuff is played out.

Edited by iDealélan

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I feel like he – or maybe another user I’m confusing him with? – has repeatedly complained about the lack of download codes in the past.  Across numerous threads, each time being met with at least one person [sometimes myself] suggesting slsk.  Teach a man to fish… only works if the man is willing to fish in the first place. 🤷‍♂️

This is true. Not sure who has been mentioning the lack of DL codes in the past (I’ve definitely seen a bunch of posts about that) but there’s always alternatives out there. I think a lot of people are baffled that slsk still exists. That’s generally the reaction I get when mentioning the program ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

9 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

I'm on soulseek a lot, but my issue especially with relapse is:

They used to provide Bandcamp D/L codes to use with vinyl purchases then they stopped without stating why. However, it's kinda clear they want people to double dip for wanting the rarer / deluxe editions/ etc cause those are the versions that don't appear on bandcamp when pre-orders are announced. so you have to first pay like $5 (or more) extra for the rare/deluxe copy (or even some crazy bundle) then another $10 for the download if you don't want to pirate. To me, that just sucks.   I'm personally thinking none of this is worth it anymore so yeah.. fuck it I'll deal with the plebe versions of the records and get the download. Just sucks knowing that it didn't use to be that way not so long ago.  

I totally get that. I think a lot of labels are doing away with download codes which is a shame. Some label friends said they stopped because not a lot of people were using them. 😕 

side note; I love buying second hand records with a download code that hasn’t been used. Lately it’s been a lot of No Idea stuff 

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I may’ve confused you with someone else, my bad if I did.  I do think it sucks to secretly omit downloads if you’ve been offering them for years – even if they’re just printed on a little scrap of paper and redeemed through a basic downloaded online, they must figure that everyone just streams when they’re not spinning the vinyl.  I’m sure that someone in the business was hired to trim all possible fat and maximize profit margins, so switching off the servers to support downloads was likely one of the steps in doing so.

I sympathize with where you’re coming from though, and it’s why I love buying through bandcamp unless I absolutely need a specific variant that’s not sold on there, or something.  No one bothers with digital collections anymore, it’s really sad.  (Surely you’ve heard they’re discontinuing iPod manufacturing, right?)  We are of a dying breed.  Fortunately slsk has just about everything you’d want in 320, at minimum.  99% of the time, anyway.

Sorry for the multiple posts, I’m catching up on this thread as I go:

I’ve been using iTunes / an iPod for years and years and stopped in 2020 when music would just randomly skip in the middle of a track (it wasn’t a corrupted file as far as I could tell)

If you’re looking for an alternative I switched to MusicBee (it’s a free phenomenal program that’s super customizable, I use a skin that just looks like iTunes 😂) and switched over to a Fiio x3 iii, it’s basically a portable HD that runs on a SIM card and can hold like 250GB of music. Highly recommend 

16 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I feel like he – or maybe another user I’m confusing him with? – has repeatedly complained about the lack of download codes in the past.  Across numerous threads, each time being met with at least one person [sometimes myself] suggesting slsk.  Teach a man to fish… only works if the man is willing to fish in the first place. 🤷‍♂️

You’re thinking of me - and I’ve been a proud Soulseek user for about 3 months now!  I should get a chip or something! 

All I have to really say is that this is a  fuckin' ridiculously great record. It checks all of the boxes of their best sounds and styles. And having Nate come in, shows that he's the only one who is very capably up to the task of taking care of Caleb's role. 

"Wavering Angel" is by far my favorite track. It's everything perfect that is Cave In and a swirl of emotions throughout. 

4 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

You’re thinking of me - and I’ve been a proud Soulseek user for about 3 months now!  I should get a chip or something! 

The good ending. 👍 You’re right, it’s all coming back to me.  But… right on, that’s great to hear.

Some folks are saying this album is bloated but I don’t know if I hear it.  It seems pretty consistent to me.  I’m also a little surprised there hasn’t been more griping of it being too “one note” or lacking spacey elements.

22 hours ago, iDealélan said:

Anyone that bought the /199 Relapse exclusive - did you actually get that variant? They sent me a red/blue instead, wondering if it’s just my luck or a larger mistake. Still no response from Relapse.

@iDealélan did you get a response back yet? they said one business day typically 

Edited by mufasa

1 hour ago, mufasa said:

@iDealélan did you get a response back yet? they said one business day typically 

5 hours ago, seanicus said:

I ordered the limited to 199 one minute after the preorder went up and they sent the wrong variant. Snagged a clear copy off of Discogs, but I really dig the merge version and hope Relapse can get me swapped out. This record is so good. 

Had a hunch this was a larger problem. Try your luck at [email protected]. My initial attempts went to [email protected], which got no reply. Still unclear if they have any of the /199 left to swap.

Good luck, innuendo out the other.

9 hours ago, jhulud said:

All I have to really say is that this is a  fuckin' ridiculously great record. It checks all of the boxes of their best sounds and styles. And having Nate come in, shows that he's the only one who is very capably up to the task of taking care of Caleb's role. 

"Wavering Angel" is by far my favorite track. It's everything perfect that is Cave In and a swirl of emotions throughout. 

Easily their second best album behind Jupiter.