Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!

49 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

/350 on one thing, /395 on another. 

32 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Site says /199 but hype sticker says /150. 

the sandlot killing me smalls GIF

The sticker number is what they ordered and the weird odd number reflects the overages they're receiving. Can't change the sticker after the fact. C'mon guys we should know this🤦🏼‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Hasn’t Relapse being doing that forever?

Yeah it's also why their preorders never seem to get delayed. They wait til GZ finishes pressing their order and put the final numbers they get notified are coming on the preorder page. Then freight shipping from Europe takes a month or three.

On 5/21/2022 at 5:02 PM, jhulud said:

Site says /199 but hype sticker says /150. 

the sandlot killing me smalls GIF

They totally oversold the /199. Relapse replied to me asking me to send the Cloudy back. Then emailed me after they received it to tell me - they have no more of the /199. So now I have NO record. Fuck Relapse for this.

52 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

They totally oversold the /199. Relapse replied to me asking me to send the Cloudy back. Then emailed me after they received it to tell me - they have no more of the /199. So now I have NO record. Fuck Relapse for this.

So they just refunded you altogether?  That’s some trash, if so.

I know it’s not what you paid for, especially since the /200 was more expensive, but I thought the cloudy variant turned out so nice.  (The blue especially is a much closer fit to the album art than any of the other variants – I opted for it over everything else and I’ve got no regrets.)  But I can’t believe Relapse wouldn’t let you keep it… or that they won’t send it back to you – on top of a partial refund – after admitting they oversold your intended variant.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So they just refunded you altogether?  That’s some trash, if so.

I know it’s not what you paid for, especially since the /200 was more expensive, but I thought the cloudy variant turned out so nice.  (The blue especially is a much closer fit to the album art than any of the other variants – I opted for it over everything else and I’ve got no regrets.)  But I can’t believe Relapse wouldn’t let you keep it… or that they won’t send it back to you – on top of a partial refund – after admitting they oversold your intended variant.

No refund either, I’ve had two different support folks with different results. I’m just out the money, with no record. And now support is closed.

The cloudy splatter is always a reliable option, I’ll admit. Didn’t find out they were out of the /200 until I sent the cloudy back to them (they got it today). Really hope they can at least send the cloudy back to me, but at this rate they won’t reply for at least another day or two. Who knows what the warehouse will do with the cloudy in that time…

17 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

No refund either, I’ve had two different support folks with different results. I’m just out the money, with no record. And now support is closed.

The cloudy splatter is always a reliable option, I’ll admit. Didn’t find out they were out of the /200 until I sent the cloudy back to them (they got it today). Really hope they can at least send the cloudy back to me, but at this rate they won’t reply for at least another day or two. Who knows what the warehouse will do with the cloudy in that time…

That’s such a weird (and shitty) limbo to be in, I would definitely be just as disheartened as you are.  Silver lining is that the transaction is so clearly bungled right now – the fact you don’t even have a basic refund is asinine to me – that it could potentially shake out a few different ways.  It does sound like I wouldn’t hold my breath for a /200 at this point, but hopefully they can at least rectify the situation without leaving you completely empty-handed or back at square one.

I’ve never had that kind of luck with Relapse before.  Super annoying.  I get that mistakes do occasionally happen but it’s odd to me that more than 1 person got the wrong variant, too.  It’s not like they haven’t been doing this whole vinyl mailorder thing for 30 years now.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Super annoying.  I get that mistakes do occasionally happen but it’s odd to me that more than 1 person got the wrong variant, too.  It’s not like they haven’t been doing this whole vinyl mailorder thing for 30 years now.

Suspect the hype sticker saying 150, while website says 199 - means there are 48 other people feeling my pain. They probably oversold.

12 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Suspect the hype sticker saying 150, while website says 199 - means there are 48 other people feeling my pain. They probably oversold.

The number on the hype stickers vs. the one on the website thing was seriously just explained on this same page. The website is the correct one.

Edited by Bronchitis

2 hours ago, iDealélan said:

We might have different definitions of “explained”, but I also don’t think that means they didn’t oversell.

I'm sorry this happened to you but my explanation is correct. If you (and others in this small pool of people on this forum) got the wrong variant you can guarantee people got sent the /199 that didn't order it as well. Sucks all around.