Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!

3 hours ago, ParallelofDeath said:

Yeah my box also has a bit of a squished corner. Not bad enough to complain, but it's pretty annoying that they won't invest in better packaging materials for a $100 box set.

Yah I was a little surprised when I opened the box mailer and it had 0 padding in it. Got lucky and no dents or anything, but easily could have gotten fucked up. 

27 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Mine too, not a major ding, but opening that mailer to see zero padding was a little unnerving

My heart always sinks a little when a record comes that rattles a little. Like just package it right, it's not that hard and takes like one extra second to throw some bubble wrap on it.

On 3/5/2023 at 2:32 AM, iDealélan said:

Great, ordered the /340 variant - received the /1500 variant. It’s Heavy Pendulum all over again. 

I’d ask for a clear copy if they don’t have the correct variant for you. I was worried after I saw your post because I had the same issue with HP and was happy I got the /340 variant I ordered. 

1 hour ago, seanicus said:

I’d ask for a clear copy if they don’t have the correct variant for you. I was worried after I saw your post because I had the same issue with HP and was happy I got the /340 variant I ordered. 

Asking for the clear is a smart idea, hadn’t considered. They did manage to get me the right HP variant but it took a week of constant emails to 3 people, each with a different story (we have a replacement, we don’t have a replacement).

This can’t just be my luck. I’ve ordered other records from Relapse with no issue. It’s ONLY happened with Cave In releases, and twice in a row now. Hopefully email support can help out, with a quickness this time.

When did they confirm anything about any specific future re-issues besides UYHS? If anyone remembers or could dig that up that would be great! I went back to their initial welcome-to-Relapse IG post for Cave In and it features a mosaic of 16 titles, which also included stuff like the Shapeshifter tape and the Sacrifice Poles album. All or many of those might be available digitally via Relapse now, but of course that doesn't mean there will be a physical release. 

If I was a betting man (which I'm not, so don't take my word for any of this), I would put my money on Jupiter and Perfect Pitch Black for the next reissues, because that would reflect the development of the sound after UYHS (albeit with a big fat glaring omission between those two). I also wouldn't be surprised to see a completely new release in the mix, even just an EP. Heavy Pendulum must have been recorded almost two years ago and it seems like they've been on a roll since then as a band.

When I saw them in Boston recently with Piebald they were fantastic. Probably drive up to Maryland to see them with Yob since it’s Pallbearer for Richmond. I feel like they’re on a “come back” right now. Reissuing their albums, along with still absolutely killing it live, and I’m 100% for it. 

• 8 months later...
On 11/19/2023 at 8:29 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

All I want is a reissue of antenna.  The only record I don't have, can't justify $100+ for it as it's not a perfect album, but it as some absolute bangers 

I wonder if this one will get a repress on account that it was on a major label (RCA) and might be tied up in red tape 

I wonder when we’re gonna start getting more of this reissues. I know Until Your Heart Stops was one of ‘many’ reissues they plan on doing. I’m just curious how long the gaps will be in between them, cause they have a lot to do. Especially with the demand for Jupiter through Perfect Pitch Black. 

Also, they killed it on Saturday. Well worth the drive up to Jersey and getting back at 5am. 

Yeah that whole show on Saturday was off the hook. I actually met one guy who flew in from Belgium for the show and back home the next day. Worth it. When I last saw them with Yob they played almost only stuff from HP, which was totally cool, but it was nice to also hear some UYHS staples again. And they played Big Riff, right, or am I just imagining that?

11 hours ago, ParallelofDeath said:

Yeah that whole show on Saturday was off the hook. I actually met one guy who flew in from Belgium for the show and back home the next day. Worth it. When I last saw them with Yob they played almost only stuff from HP, which was totally cool, but it was nice to also hear some UYHS staples again. And they played Big Riff, right, or am I just imagining that?

They definitely Big Riff-ed!